another raleigh question

treeman

Devout Dirtbag
Picked up a 1975 Raleigh for nothing, bit of a project for me and all but finished now, going by the frame number it was built by Carlton in worksop in 1975 frame 1104 of the line. Not sure of the model as it had been painted by a paint brush but it came with Dia Compe canter lever brakes on the frame and forks. After serching numerous web sites/ forums i still can't find much info about it. Any one any ideas ? were these breaks an after thought as there are holes in the frame and forks for standered brakes. Answers on a post card please, failing that the forum will do. TA.

Nothing around that era from Raleigh would have had dia-comp brakes.....Statistically I guess it's a Raleigh Record (which they made the most of) which would have had weinmann centre pulls.

Any pics ?

Shaun

Just follow the instructions - click on the 'add an attachment button'.

The only thing that causes probs is the file size. Best way to shrink the pics is to right click on the pic in Explorer, chose the 'send to mail recipient option' then choose 'make files smaller'. This will then open up an Outlook page where you can open up the pic and save it again to your desktop as the smaller file for attachment later. Sound complicated reading this back, but it's not. Honest!

Matt

Back