Another P7…. was a 1995 racer, will be a PMX

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So, I did another Orange thing….

I’ve been keeping an eye out for a small Orange frame to have a bit of a play with, and have ended up spending a bit more than I wanted - however the spec on this should see a few quid returned to the Kitty as I transform it over the next few months.

It’s going to be a PMX. Single ring up front, but geared at the rear. Possibly some silly front forks, and definitely BMX bars.

I was drawn in by the Onza brakes - which I thought would be perfect for my incoming GT (from South Africa, a whole different story) but always a gamble with these, and the fronts are toast. I bid a decent amount on eBay and got it for a pretty reasonable amount. Then drove a 350 mile round trip in a thirsty V8 to pick it up from a really lovely guy who had bought it from his boss. His boss was either a wannabe racer, or specced a very nice bike - lots of British kit and shiny stuff from 1995 era. It doesn’t look like it’s had too hard a life. Frame has a sticker from Psycho bikes in Battersea I think but need to have a proper look. I’m guessing it was specced off the shelf as a frame and a bespoke build.

This pic is as I collected it (having put it back together after taking it to bits to get it in the boot of my thoroughly impractical transportation)

IMG_9150.jpeg

So here’s the spec. Some bits will need to find themselves in the for sales to fund its transformation - so if there’s anything you like, let me know

Frame: 1995 Orange P7

Fork: Manitou Mach 5 SX, moves and stanchions look decent

Headset: Shimano LX
Stem: Control Tech with an Xlite cap
Handlebar: Club Roost GoFast - cut down (why?)
Grips: Onza Ules, clear - in good nick
End Caps : XLite

Brake Levers : DiaCompe SS5/7 with XLite barrel adjusters
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chillpill
Brakes : Onza HO (front cracked obvs, rear good). Front XLite purple bolts, annoyingly worn. Correct Onza straddle wires (!)

Shifters: Shimano LX triggers, XLite black pods
Front Derailleur: Shiny Mavic something or other - need to investigate
Rear Derailleur: Equally shiny Mavic something or other. Stamped “made in France”
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: Knackered
Cranks: Cook Bros
Crank Bolts: Self extracting but not sure what?
Chainrings: Pace x3 with very little wear
Bottom Bracket: Hope
Pedals: Shimano
Cage : Ringle H20

Hub Skewers: Hope mk1
Rims: Mavic 230 tib gold
Hubs: Shimano STX
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Continental Falling Apart

Saddle: Flite Ti (1995 stamp)
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder: XLite