And today's tip find is:

Whoa there....that brings memories of my first MTB come flloding back!

I had a very similar Dawes Tracker in green and white. Like most of us here, of a certain age, you never forget your first offroader.

The Tracker cost £259.99 from Halfrauds, underwent many an upgrade (including my first af many sets of Deore thumbies), had it's bars shaved ridiculously narrow then sold two year later (1991) for a handsome £190 (I still thought I was giving it away!)

Thanks for the nice reminder and I concur nice old stead for wobbling back from the local on (and a colour no charver txxt would want!)

Your wife must get sick of you constantly bringing stuff home!

By the way, can we rename you 'Stig' ;)

TheGreenRabbit":2874fhmk said:
Wu-Tangled":2874fhmk said:
wish i'd just found that. need a new station runner.

There are a few bikes outside Southdown cycles in Angmering that would be a good station runner.

good tip (pardon the pun).

i bet they want more than 'free' for theirs though do they?

:D

legrandefromage":1ceq84vt said:
Uber cool Dawes Kick Back - now remember children, we all had to start somewhere.

Super Exage Country groupset including the thumbies stuck to the brake levers.

Two peice handlebars - extra width for hanging mum's shopping from

Reynolds 500 cromo scafolding...

cooooll!

:cool: :LOL:

Wow, my brother had an identical one of those, then he bought a '89 Lava Dome, good find

Defiant":gj8ukk5j said:
reanimation":gj8ukk5j said:
but it has a place in the animated museum of Retro Bike IMO

now that is a nice idea,...
why don't we start a virtual museum,..show a (few) picture(s) of a bike you have,..and each model just 1 time,... :roll:

great find by the way,..

I have no idea what you mean but find the rolleyes slightly rude. :(

My point is, If we do not save and preserve, old mountainbikes, can't be many others who will, in this kind of group we all get to enjoy each others treasures by documenting how we get on with them and seeing them at meets.

Okay this is getting too tense, everybody have a cup of tea and a macaroon.

Defiant- stop doing rabbit ears behind reanimation's head.

reanimation- put down the axe and take your medication, he didn't mean it nasty.

Agency_Scum":3ng8schw said:
Okay this is getting too tense, everybody have a cup of tea and a macaroon.

Defiant- stop doing rabbit ears behind reanimation's head.

reanimation- put down the axe and take your medication, he didn't mean it nasty.

Now you've got me thinking about macaroon's :twisted:

Back