And today I did......

I went up to Perth today to Alpine Bikes their supposed to be a service point for MoJo suspension.
Well save your self a trip and DONT GO, their fcucking useless :x

RobMac":nr1av98e said:
I went up to Perth today to Alpine Bikes their supposed to be a service point for MoJo suspension.

I think youre hard pressed to find anyone past TF tuned or that ilk :? I had a set of fox done and although they did a good job of the service some clot used mole grips to free off an adjuster nut and didnt protect it. Result- chewed adjuster :facepalm:

You either do the work yourself or send to one of the tuners and wait the waiting time turn around

Think my shocks are ok get about 80mm front and lots at the rear but have a thud noise every time theback moves think its the bushes

Today I tried to achieve hypothermia within a couple of miles of home.
Went out for a run with the Edinburgh Mountain Bikers MeetUp group. Meet Up is an internet way of getting like minded souls together for various sports/social activities through out the UK. The run was a beginners/anybody else whose not bothered about the slow pace run up the Water of Leith path and into the Pentlands. 22 of us set out from Colinton into a light drizzle that turned into a torrential downpour. By the time we reached Harlaw Reservoir we were all soaked and the group headed back into town except me. Quickest way home for me was over the Pentlands, down to Flotterston and back over to Loanhead. The ride started well but soon became Scotts ill fated trek to the pole. I had to ford a knee deep river twice which I narrowly avoided falling in. Then strong winds and sleet. By the time I got home I had great difficulty getting my keys out of my pocket with numb fingers, I had no feeling in my feet and when finally I got in the house and started to thaw, oh god the pain as my limbs started to recover.
That was hellish and yet I still enjoyed the ride, the weird masochism of mountain biking :facepalm:

RobMac":hz948xsc said:

you should head to Linlithgow to that flotec dad , cannie mind the name of the shop just now :LOL:

velomaniac":2snd54du said:
Today I tried to achieve hypothermia within a couple of miles of home.
Went out for a run with the Edinburgh Mountain Bikers MeetUp group. Meet Up is an internet way of getting like minded souls together for various sports/social activities through out the UK. The run was a beginners/anybody else whose not bothered about the slow pace run up the Water of Leith path and into the Pentlands. 22 of us set out from Colinton into a light drizzle that turned into a torrential downpour. By the time we reached Harlaw Reservoir we were all soaked and the group headed back into town except me. Quickest way home for me was over the Pentlands, down to Flotterston and back over to Loanhead. The ride started well but soon became Scotts ill fated trek to the pole. I had to ford a knee deep river twice which I narrowly avoided falling in. Then strong winds and sleet. By the time I got home I had great difficulty getting my keys out of my pocket with numb fingers, I had no feeling in my feet and when finally I got in the house and started to thaw, oh god the pain as my limbs started to recover.
That was hellish and yet I still enjoyed the ride, the weird masochism of mountain biking :facepalm:

well in Velo in getting out, had a few of those days myself in the past and know what you mean, lots of pain but a real sense of achievement (once the pain subsides) :cool:

sounds like a memorable adventure Velo in the true spirit

no riding for me this weekend, but thoroughly enjoyed 2 days in the Cairngorms in adverse conditions. it's amazing where you can go with only your nose exposed to the harsh elements

Back