And today I did......

Rumble":19wj9fwk said:
Had the first 25 miles on the montage tonight and I liked it a lot. It takes a fair old while to get it up to speed but when you do it's got the momentum of a train! Glad I put the maguras on in place of the cantis. Nice comfy position is perfect for commuting as well. I'm going to need to get a proper rack as having weight that high up over the rear feels very odd, and the chain it a bit slack so I'll have to have a play around with that but otherwise it's done. Although at some point I may treat myself to some of those funny shaped bars on-one do. Crap pic cos it was getting dark when I got back, the paint is much brighter than this makes it look.

DSC00527.jpg

Looks like youve a fair bit of work ahead,its looking very sad commuterish :( not happy commuterish :D

No i'm happy with that, the whole idea is that it looks shit so it won't get pinched. I'd say it's looking pretty undesireable to your average scumbag just now.

that looks cool paul, like it

andy , i thought i had the best job in the world
trumps me :LOL:

It'll no be the greatest job in the world when he gets assigned to all the seized seat posts, headsets and bottom brackets :LOL:

Punters dont generally donate pristine well maintained pieces of high end kit. He'll start dreaming of not too knackered Apollo's over some of the gas pipe specials there will be in there.

Keep up the good work Andy, its all for charity after all ;)

Do I detect some new Deputy AECs? With great power comes... the ability to do comedy edits of other peoples posts. Resist.

Still dont have those powers and I vow not to use them. Those powers made me being AEC last time uncomfortable and I'm not going there again :shock:

just for information like
how do you do that ?
see no edit button :LOL:

PS. I think I'm going off GTs... Does anyone have a nice Hardrock they'd like to sell me?

Montage

Was looking to get a commuter bike but thought I'd dig out my old Montage first and see if that'd do.

As you can see from the picture, the saddle needs putting down but everything else about it feels pretty good.

What do you think, worth trying to mod slightly to use as a commuter bike?

Back