And today I did......

Accomodation booked for the Podgy Pedallers redux ride of the Macretro coast to coast (Ardgay/Ullapool) in September - B&B friday night to make the start a little easier and youth hostel for the saturday - looking forward to it but as I'm the guide check the news for mountain rescue reports :)

We will be doing it a little slower and I'll be travelling light as we shouldn't need a rope.

Packed rucsac and off to Ullapool mountains tomorrow for 3 days :D

Weather forecast is shite :(

Adieu everyone.....it was.........................

Sorted remaining bits for delta v build. Nearly new lx front mech and nos big ring/spider for lx cranks. Current outer ring ok but I've never seen one for sale so I snapped it up at £30 for both. Also bought front loading coda headshock stem and top cap. From a super v, so a few years newer than my delta but will mean I can fit my risers as stock bars have been cut down at some point. All paid for by proceeds of clothing sale I had last week so under budget for the build.

I think I read somewhere that getting new spider/ring combos on can be a bit tricky as the spider is slightly thicker than the originals.

Of course I may be talking shite, it isn't unknown.

Finished the montage tonight, singlespeed, semi-slicks, mudguard and rack, ready for it's first canal path commute tomorrow. The idea was to have something I wouldn't be that upset about if it got nicked from the station, but i'm already quite fond of the old girl.

Rumble":3c3gpk7d said:
Finished the montage tonight, singlespeed, semi-slicks, mudguard and rack, ready for it's first canal path commute tomorrow. The idea was to have something I wouldn't be that upset about if it got nicked from the station, but i'm already quite fond of the old girl.

Need some piccys ;)

Today i took some pics of the 'bikes' i get to work on :D
Mostly crap i know but theres a few nice bits and bobs kicking about :D

First pic shows my area and me wee anti fatigue mat[Big fella is Stewart, the strippers supervisor :cool:

Attachments

• Mostly crap 002 (Large).JPG
    Mostly crap 002 (Large).JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Mostly crap 007 (Large).JPG
    Mostly crap 007 (Large).JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Mostly crap 001 (Large).JPG
    Mostly crap 001 (Large).JPG
    245 KB · Views: 202
Had the first 25 miles on the montage tonight and I liked it a lot. It takes a fair old while to get it up to speed but when you do it's got the momentum of a train! Glad I put the maguras on in place of the cantis. Nice comfy position is perfect for commuting as well. I'm going to need to get a proper rack as having weight that high up over the rear feels very odd, and the chain it a bit slack so I'll have to have a play around with that but otherwise it's done. Although at some point I may treat myself to some of those funny shaped bars on-one do. Crap pic cos it was getting dark when I got back, the paint is much brighter than this makes it look.

DSC00527.jpg

Dyna that looks great - crap bikes or not I could spend days on end in there happily spannering away (oh er :shock:)

Back