And today I did......

Did this on a motorbike once. True. :shock:

dyna-ti":zogbnpa0 said:
Got a bit of a fright today.
Totally forgot to replace the safety pins on the mono minis.My rear pads are somewhere between the bike station and my house :LOL: ,the fronts were just held in there and i quickly improvized a paperclip bodge to get me the rest of the way.
Shrieking stupidity :roll: could have lost the fronts too and been going through the incredibly busy kinning park road system and off ramp for the motorway with zero braking :shock: :LOL: and i imagine that the piston was doing the braking so gawd knows what that looks like,im scared to look.

At least i now know the sound of using your pistons as brake pads :LOL:

Was out on the road bike today, did a windy 40 miles accompanied by one of my latest purchases a Carradice Camper Longflap (saddle bag to me & you), it feels like another step closer to ma 'pipe'n'slippers' but it works a treat its like Doctor Who's tardis inside. :shock:

Tazio":3qwf11ex said:
Decided I should get a road bike so I can get more miles in.

Bloody pricey things though it seems.

If you wan't to be a bit retro I can maybe sort you out. I have 3 frames.

Peugeot for free
6331240811_9040e6cbdd_b.jpg

Unbranded tange double butted steel frame. £30

3720573823_1347635b03_b.jpg

Gudereit tourer £30
4904477538_3a04d62f8d_b.jpg

All are frames and forks. though there are a few bits and bobs available too. Nothing a trip to bike station probably won't complete.

I think modern will be the choice on this one as it isn't really a bike for fun, more practicality. I'll keep an eye on Gumtree I think. I'm just after something I can collect, change the saddle and pedals and head out on straight away.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Le-Jog is for next year (hopefully)
Carradice is for long day rides on road.
As for next month Im trying not to take to much stuff, you know how it is "the more room you have the more you'll take" :LOL:

Been looking at road bikes online while I'm being bored at work. It is a mixture of being surprised how expensive they are and being a bit confused by them. It's a long time since I owned one. I think I need to try a couple to suss the sizing out if nothing else. I think I would need a 52 or 54? I'm around a 30" inside leg. But I imagine top tube is even more important a measurement on road bikes. Or is the sizing based on top tube length anyway? ie the 54 is the top tube and not the seat tube?

Always top tube, I'd say you were a 52 for a ball park figure.

Back