And today I did......

Today I cycled into work on a bike I hadn't done a proper road test on after I built it. Gears skipping all over the place and wandering between rear cogs as soon as I hit hills. Couldn't get the bugger running right at all. Gave up and popped it in the shop for a once over so I could pick it up later. Turns out I'd ran the rear mech cable the wrong way at the derailleur, over instead of under the fixing bolt, very embarrassing to say the least. However the guy sorted it and was good enough to give it a mini service as well while it was in there so my fettling and fine tuning I had planned is now a bit redundant.

To be honest I'm glad he did as I feel like I'm running round in circles just now between hellish work schedules and private life stuff. I also discovered I'm going to have to put in some serious miles between now and the national as I felt seriously out of shape and it is only a 4 mile ride to work.

I don't want to alarm you Taz, but the recce last week was so hard Velo's voice had changed by the end of it!

:D

Nah you'll be fine, there'll be plenty of walking, especially at the start.

RobMac":3g7hqjs4 said:
Taz are you a smoker?
What age are you?

Pm me if your shy ;)

I smoke a bit and I'm old. A bad combo. Generally fit though.

EDIT when I say old I'm 46, so more retro than old.

We're all proper retro because we're all pre-'98.

At the moment I don't feel retro, just feckin auld. Today is my birthday so we all (wife and bairns) cycled down the road to Blairadam.
I fell off 4 times :oops: , more in one day than I've done all year.
Looks like decrepitude has decided to toe my baws.

old_coyote_pedaller":24tio15w said:
We're all proper retro because we're all pre-'98.

At the moment I don't feel retro, just feckin auld. Today is my birthday so we all (wife and bairns) cycled down the road to Blairadam.
I fell off 4 times :oops: , more in one day than I've done all year.
Looks like decrepitude has decided to toe my baws.

Cheer up, you're the fittest 70 year old I've ever met ;)

Latest posts

Back