And today I did......

Well in rumble, you should stop at big.eck's for a breather and a rummage in his cave of delights :D

I think you've missed the fact that roadies go in for more subtle acknowledgements, ie. The rolling of the eyes behind the Oakleys at the Samba's wearing madman. The gentle flare of nostrils the only clue to the sniff of disdain at the rider wearing MTB shoes and SPDs, etc.

Got to say, the majority of the roadies I see nod or raise a hand, and that's with me on the bargain basement tastefully colour coded red, white and blue big eck Trek with midge bars and huge trials stem.

zigzag":3t21n2tp said:
Got to say, the majority of the roadies I see nod or raise a hand, and that's with me on the bargain basement tastefully colour coded red, white and blue big eck Trek with midge bars and huge trials stem.

Aye - normally its fine. I guess my attire just put them off tonight - big chav on wheels :shock:

zigzag":1mlnajhb said:

If you go around looking like a lycra clad tart your bound to get a response :shock:

:? Never had a problem with roadies although that could be that i always meet them at big als and theyre more respectful as they cant escape :twisted:
ZZ":1l5mmh3h said:
you should stop at big.eck's for a breather and a rummage in his cave of delights
oo-er missus :shock:

Mr Panda":21t4ehh6 said:
So there was I on a slightly rusty 45 year old road bike, wearing cut off Levi 501 shorts, Adidas Samba trainers and a Springboks rugby top - did the lycra clad lovlies (male) with their Oakley frogskins and carbonny frame thingys acknowledge my presence?

Tits.

Maybe they were cruising for yah and were saddened to see you never had on your lovely pink lycra shorts.

Mr Panda":2hunmixo said:
So there was I on a slightly rusty 45 year old road bike, wearing cut off Levi 501 shorts, Adidas Samba trainers and a Springboks rugby top - did the lycra clad lovlies (male) with their Oakley frogskins and carbonny frame thingys acknowledge my presence?

there's definitely a decline in roadie civility these days, usually raise my hand of the bars in a acknowledgement to all passing cyclist and expect to receive similar back, and if not they should be able to hear my muttered "tosser"

although, the above description is a moustache away from a modern day YMCA character :LOL: :LOL: may-be they were just shy :D

Back