And today I did......

Worked on my Marin this weekend - need a front mech, cables and chain to finish - feels a little small though :(

Tried to dismantle the Xizangs rear wheel but need a tool no one local stocked - suntour freewheel remover - ordered from wiggle. I stripped and regreased the freewheel instead, must have at least 70 ball bearings. Smooth now, definately worth doing.

No riding due to curry arse on sunday :(

good weekend, manage a 60 miles on the road bike on Saturday, and little else other than the lying on couch and eating curry

sunday - picked up an 80's ALAN bike for my mate to participate in the l'eroica. beautiful old piece of kit, couldn't resist the temptation and started stripping and rebuilding some components..

then the phone rang, advising that my dave yates was ready... been trying to remove the cranks for months, also two LBS have tried. so gave it to a mate who fixes cars and heavy machinery, with request to try to remove cranks undamaged, failing that cut them off. result he got them undamaged with heat and a selection of bearing pullers and 2 hrs effort :D :D

tcut out, started cleaning that yates frame, l'eroica rebuild has started

I spent Sunday night in Brisbane tracking down pubs with Scottish football.

First half in one pub then turfed oot as they were closing. Found another with the correct channel and ha the place to myself, converted the barman to a Hearts fan as we wear the same colour as Queensland and have an Aussie player.

All turned out fine but have the scariest cup final of all time.

At the same time one the actors in the show I'm over here with won an Olivier award in London, cool but not a semi win over Celtic, happy for her though.

Woke up this morning with an unfeasible hangover and spent the day at Steve Irwin's zoo seeing lot of strange beasties and scary things.

Re: today

Tnega":3hnhsxqw said:
Primed a '88 Technium Chill for a ss project, almost horizontal dropouts with through top tube rear brake cable routing.
Original frame forks bar and stem, gonna keep it pretty period throughout.
Don't hold your breath for finished pics tho....

Starting pics will do then :)

ahh the "salt & sauce" final as it' now known..

well done, good to see that the old scum will not be winning any cup competitions this year

kaiser":1l243068 said:
When you back taz? Back for the final?

Yep, could be struggling to get a ticket though as I didn't renew my season ticket this year as I new I couldn't make a lot of games.

Bugger!

Tazio":3cjwuzid said:
kaiser":3cjwuzid said:
When you back taz? Back for the final?

Yep, could be struggling to get a ticket though as I didn't renew my season ticket this year as I new I couldn't make a lot of games.

Bugger!

And now it looks like I can!! Happy days, though I've never been so scared about a match in my life.

Going to the Australian cup final on Sunday as a warm up.

What Marin did you get TK??!
:)

Put some brakes on the Mongoose and my old marin wheels...
1zect4w.jpg

Hope i can tidy this lot away in the next hour :LOL:

2wguko0.jpg

5mfxop.jpg

358qqzs.jpg

mcyf47.jpg

Back