And today I did......

TK
i have made brackets to run modern cable calipers instead of the pro-stop calipers as the pro-stop ones are shite ,however if you need pro-stop calipers i have several

if you buy this and dont like it i'll give you a dreamy rts for it ;)

Went for a shake down ride on my £30 Raleigh. Eleven mile round trip from Johnstone to Lochwinnoch. It went very well. Wife came along too. First time she's cycled further than tesco! Dog ran along beside us.

Lochwinnoch.jpg

On the way back I took a shortcut of a wee 25m bit of muddy downhill singletrack and came off! Jarred both wrists and twisted my ankle. Wife was suitable amused !

s'that an apex/summit k ? frame ?
it looks sweet by the way

we need to resurect velos raliegh/pentlands ride

All down to what it reaches mikee, looks like a few on here are after it. I've no idea what they fetch especially with the matching fork (although it looks a bit newer).

First thing I'll do is remove the prostop and fit my cable hopes.

I was meant to be buying roadie nonsense this week but I've put it all on hold.

The Ken":1m2bzvmp said:
All down to what it reaches mikee, looks like a few on here are after it. I've no idea what they fetch especially with the matching fork (although it looks a bit newer).

Fork looks original, I think later versions were badged control tech. I have a real hankering for one of those forks :)

On the 91 RS1 the fork attached to the stem with a clamp - not sure on the 92 prostop RS1 though. I wonder if it clamped to reduce the flex caused by the discbrake on the fornt of the mk1?

Took a ride out to Sighthill to Enid's place of work to collect a nice blackspire ring, which is now nestling in the warm embrace of some NOS FSA cranks destined for the Kona Scab.

Was going to have a wander about on the way back but got a call from the Post Office saying they'd found my missing parcel so went to pick that up. Only took them 8 days and 5 phone calls to find it, not bad for Royal Mail :roll: Anyway, it was only some fork oil so nothing very exciting.

I'm now anxiously watching my ebay ads which finish tomorrow hoping they raise the modest sum I'll need to finish the new Kona - they've got a fair way to go yet. On a related note does anyone know if you can get coloured (green) chains for 8/9 speed? All I can see are singlespeed or BMX.

Back