And today I did......

Built a better mousetrap, well 2 in fact.
We have mice getting in our attic every autumn so we have traps up there but 2 of them have disappeared (nicked by the mice?), no it seems like they've managed to drag them away after getting trapped. They were light wooden traps.
My wife bought 2 new ones but got the kind that required bait for the mice to trigger them. No good as often they can eat bait them feck off without committing suicide.
So I thought I'd modify them to trigger when the mice runs across the trap. The disappeared wooden ones were like that.

For each trap I cut a piece of thin aluminium sheet 30mm square, drilled hole in middle of one edge, then pop-rivetted it to the part that you put the bait on, as it had convenient hole. :) Adjusted the new trigger plate so it would lie sort of level on trap. Now when any mouse walks over trap it's fecked.

For added effectiveness I place the traps around a saucer with poison on it, it gets them one way or another. :twisted:

Before anybody says leave them alone, we store our tents, climbing gear, buoyancy aids, ski gear and loads of other kit, like MTB tyres, up there that we don't want nibbled by the wee bastards. :roll:

Yeah, we really get to see nature in the raw livin' oot here. :)

The first few years every autumn after harvest we'd get loads of mice throwing themselves on the traps, 7 or 8 a night. Was constantly emptying and resetting traps. Not so bad now, closed off most of their entry points but one must still remain. :twisted: :evil:

Went and bought rim tape for the latest project (S/S Kona GT Orange) yeah its that close to completion. Bought it from the LBS and thought mmm nice price, got it home and it was only enough for one wheel :x
I did say it was for two wheels :?

Picked my dog up from the vets and was shocked to see him as front page of the evening times.

379815_1694474378162_1726913060_843915_861328068_n.jpg

See, Thats the difference twixt an Irish Terrier and a West Highland Terrier..

Ever seen a Doberman being chased by a Westie? its impressive! :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back