And today I did......

zigzag":3cg3mnrn said:
Over-inflated Mountain King at the front

Feck all to do with it being over inflated , they're lethal in the wet. Had a set on last winter and binned them after one ride. Put them on a GT I was selling.

Hawmaw":aedqdf47 said:
zigzag":aedqdf47 said:
Over-inflated Mountain King at the front

Feck all to do with it being over inflated , they're lethal in the wet. Had a set on last winter and binned them after one ride. Put them on a GT I was selling.
Hmm, food for thought. I had over-filled the front since it lost all it's air while in between rides and it was way to hard - having said that, I've hit that same piece of boardwalk at speed plenty of time and never had any issues.

May treat myself to some Nevegals - the bike itself is very nearly there, and had had a really good session up until that point.

Day three of my sickbed :( whole family have a bug and it ain't pretty.

Aye - get well soon Kaiser, i had that bug a few weeks back, proper floored me. Had to get extra anti-biotics to rid the chest infection which came with it!

Just packaged up some ergo-grips i've been meaning to send a Yorkshire man, will get them posted tomorrow.

Running over my check-list for my builds and have made loads of progress past coupla months, thanks mostly to the retrobike massive.

:thumbs:

Just worrying about my knee after reading Gaz's turbo tale :/

Twisted out my ankle skating a good few years back and didn't get the physio i should have at the time, now looking into it (better late than never and all that) Walking with the dog round Arthurs seat last summer opened my eyes to the fact it's a bit bust (i'm only 30) going up was fine but on the way down I had to stop and shake the pain out :/ grim.

Not long finished (ahem) my Rocky and the coupla spins i've taken her on have thrown up this knee question as it was a wee bitty sair, i dunno if this is just a response to the excercise or it screaming for me to stop, i guess only time , physio and expert opinion/examination will tell. Fingers crossed it's fixable as the only reason i've got my head back into cycling (still not been on a ride) was to help me get fit after my stomach operation last chrimbo :/

Woe is me today, i think too much!!

mikee":2e4761rp said:
any pics mrmacenroe ?

we likes pics

Not as yet, Mikee.

In the process of moving flat over the next month so will get some flicks of all the build progress up soon as i'm settled in the newyear (they should all be almost done by then) bear in mind that these are the preliminary builds and nowhere near the finished article.

Need to adjust everything for my preferred set-ups, then once i'm back in the saddle (i still don't have a lid or gloves or shorts or a seat-bag or a water-bottle or anything yet :( ) and i get some pennies rolling in i'll be refurbing the IFT full OE restoration, taking the Rocky back to metal (if i dont punt her on in favour of another without a dinged top-tube) potentially that wee Dawes aswell. We'll see how it goes.

Got pretty much everything now asides chains and cassettes and a few odds and ends. Got some lovely P1 wheels for my Hardrock just need to decide on gearing/brakes and i have a donor bike to offer up some parts for the Dawes too...

:)

i706mb.jpg

2e3czew.jpg

2dgrhvo.jpg

Latest posts

Back