And today I did......

How can house paint cause so much stress and expense ? :roll: , been trying to get my hall and stairs finished for the last eight years (no kidding), it's an old ex council house so has 16 coats of paint on the woodwork and 10 layers of wallpaper on the walls, stripping it back to the wood and plaster is the only way.

Stripped the woodwork on the stairs (with a heat gun as Nitromorse is pish), as i spent ages on this was'nt going to skimp on paint, bought a tin of Crown Professional, (£30) this was a nightmare, ran like crazy, took a week to dry, and worst of all reacted with the few remaining bits of old paint, crazed up and looked crap :x, second tin was B&Q Colours non drip gloss (£17), went on nice, did'nt run but took nearly TWO DAYS to dry despite the central heating being on and it stating 16 hours on the tin, no use with a hairy dug in the house, nice once dry though, only one coat, smooth and glossy.
So third tin, B&Q quick drying gloss (£17), dry in six hours as statede on the tin but looks crap and is full of brush streaks :roll:

Today I found my drain had collapsed and I now have a hole in my driveway! Waited most of the day for a 'drainage engineer' to repair only to be told it isn't covered in my insurance policy :x Bit of diggin for me then.

I also missed out on a pair of shifters I was waiting all week for :x It went above my max bid but I punted a bit higher anyway. Still lucked out. If anyone has a pair of Suntour Command Shifters give us a shout!

I'm also just about to go and strip the purple FAT :( as nice as it is I never seemed to reach for it. Think the 'hot rod' build isn't really my thing, neither fish nor fowl. Anyway away it goes and I'm not even going to buy another frame......just yet :LOL: This could be the start of the purge! If anyone is intersted in the Salsa, Karakorum, Gudereit, KHS, Kuwahara or Serrotta let me know!

kaiser":3sy86d2z said:
This could be the start of the purge! If anyone is intersted in the Salsa, Karakorum, Gudereit, KHS, Kuwahara or Serrotta let me know!

Im stepping away from the monitor now :shock:

Suntour command shifters, are they the roadbike bar shifter thats rarer than a rare toothed hen. Check out CTC forum for sale section.

Managed to get off work at 7 instead of much later.

And learnt not to fit bike parts when you're knackered.

Got home and decided to do a bit of relaxation building and managed to round of the fixing bolt on a brake lever. An XTR brake lever :cry:

Back