And today I did......

Tazio":2xa4ddhk said:
Used an afternoon off to wander round damn near every bikeshop in Edinburgh hoping someone would have some nice NOS 32 hole non disc hubs in their supboard somewhere.

Nothing.

However if anyone is feeling a bit flush Velo Ecosse in Edinburgh have a Rocky Mountain Vertex second hand but apparently never actually ridden (and I believe them looking at it) full carbon everything hardtail in a medium for the trifling price of 2 grand, reduced from the new price of 5 grand.
i have a rear wheel built on a 32h lx m565 hub, problem is i striped the axle out so would need to find it

if i find it and the bearings i'll let you know maybe swap it for something

Tazio":2t0c72rl said:
Thanks Mick but I think I've found a source.

Is there any particular hub you fancy ? I could give the local wheel builder a bell and see if he's anything interesting sitting in a corner :)
Non disc yeah?

dyna-ti":c20w2uok said:
Tazio":c20w2uok said:
Thanks Mick but I think I've found a source.

Is there any particular hub you fancy ? I could give the local wheel builder a bell and see if he's anything interesting sitting in a corner :)
Non disc yeah?

Trying to avoid the mundane stuff. But at the same time avoid megabucks stuff, that late nineties type look that I seem to like so nothing to flimsy looking.

And strictly no disc. :D

RobMac":2w4av554 said:
While were on the subject I may be calling on your collective brains to come up with colour for the frame (its a 1990 Lava Dome) A. Original or B. The low profile stealth mode colour ????????
White, with the updated decals. If you must go with the originals, splatter paint!

Went to the light show, now out having a beer ;)

553ece43.jpg

G

RobMac":30itl0fh said:
RobMac":30itl0fh said:
Also today another piece of the off road tourer jigsaw arrived in the shape of a pair of Schwalbe Evolution Marathon XR's. They look f#ckin HUGE 2.01 I hope they fit on the rims Im planning to use :?

While were on the subject I may be calling on your collective brains to come up with colour for the frame (its a 1990 Lava Dome) A. Original or B. The low profile stealth mode colour ????????

Right girls I need your opinions, original or summit stealthy? :?
First pic is period correct, second is what some muppet has done to it now.
1990_lava_dome_frame_red_option_size_19_183.jpg

5068935782_736f955ee6_b-1.jpg

Forgot to say this is what Im basing my off road tourer on, the reason I was thinking about the stealthy look was to deter magpies (thieving scum) :shock:

Back