And today I did......

Aye gutted but she was sick for a couple of years was still awesome to see her as a 6 year old tearing up the park at 30mph as she was a small greyhound/collie cross absolutely stunning to watch her go.

Used an afternoon off to wander round damn near every bikeshop in Edinburgh hoping someone would have some nice NOS 32 hole non disc hubs in their supboard somewhere.

Nothing.

However if anyone is feeling a bit flush Velo Ecosse in Edinburgh have a Rocky Mountain Vertex second hand but apparently never actually ridden (and I believe them looking at it) full carbon everything hardtail in a medium for the trifling price of 2 grand, reduced from the new price of 5 grand.

Ask the Bikestation nicely, they sometimes secrete nice stuff for ebay sale or they might have something still built to a wheel or attached to a bike they might part with. Its got to be worth a go ;)

velomaniac":9e4v0yqx said:
Ask the Bikestation nicely, they sometimes secrete nice stuff for ebay sale or they might have something still built to a wheel or attached to a bike they might part with. Its got to be worth a go ;)

I was in today as well as part of my search for a nice black stem, They were pretty busy though. I had a good root around as usual though.

Took the GF christmas shopping got hers and she's treated me to mines had a good talk with the owner of Thompsons in Paisley and he reckoned as much as the Medria 29in was good this was just as good and a whole lot less so the G/F bought me this,

forme-stag-2011-mountain-bike-fully-assembled-free-delivery-4763-p.jpg

RobMac":ied6q2yl said:
Also today another piece of the off road tourer jigsaw arrived in the shape of a pair of Schwalbe Evolution Marathon XR's. They look f#ckin HUGE 2.01 I hope they fit on the rims Im planning to use :?

While were on the subject I may be calling on your collective brains to come up with colour for the frame (its a 1990 Lava Dome) A. Original or B. The low profile stealth mode colour ????????

Right girls I need your opinions, original or summit stealthy? :?
First pic is period correct, second is what some muppet has done to it now.
1990_lava_dome_frame_red_option_size_19_183.jpg

5068935782_736f955ee6_b-1.jpg

White kona all the way!

Nice modern to mind you these rear der are massive, thays just itching to get smashef or snagged on summit.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":2dtbdgu5 said:
Took the GF christmas shopping got hers and she's treated me to mines had a good talk with the owner of Thompsons in Paisley and he reckoned as much as the Medria 29in was good this was just as good and a whole lot less so the G/F bought me this,

forme-stag-2011-mountain-bike-fully-assembled-free-delivery-4763-p.jpg

STAG all a man needs

Back