And today I did......

When I fitted racks to my wife's and my bikes years ago I used a bolt that was long enough to go right through so that I could fit a washer and a Nylock nut to it once I fitted rack and tightened bolt. There's a lot of load rattling about on these wee bolts so the nut is extra security to stop them slackening off and chewing thread in drop out.

You didn't spot the rack eyelets :facepalm:

Get the rack fitted and get touring and further prove your iron man potential.

And make me jealous ;)

Not long back from a leisurely bimble about Edinburgh on the IBOC. Had a hunt around Holyrood Park but it was too busy with walkers to go offroad so I did a couple of road circuits then headed off to explore Craigmillar Park - Innerleithen it is not but it's worth a go on days like today when I don't have transport out of the city. Pretty small but there are quite a few criss-crossing paths, some smoother than others, all fairly tame but entertaining enough. I think it would make a nice urban night-ride location but the locals might put paid to that.

DSC00295.jpg

The IBOC has turned into quite a fun little bike. It's too small for me, but with a long stem and seatpost it's OK, nice and light and handles well. I really like the Zokes forks - I mean they are shit, but they do just enough to take the edge of bumps and make things a bit more comfortable.

the pace would nedd to be high on a Craigmillar night ride - although could do a nice Ice cream stop if Luca's is still there.

Had these engraved for GT in silver flavour as well. Stunning cranks worth every penny IMO. Gone with my first Xizang. Eh...

Back