And today I did......

I have some xt parallax ones on mavic rims that are way to concave to use, you would then have the spokes and hubs ( subject to hole count on rims) if they are any use to you?

clockworkgazz":1h7jfbzh said:
I have some xt parallax ones on mavic rims that are way to concave to use, you would then have the spokes and hubs ( subject to hole count on rims) if they are any use to you?

That's the sort of thing I'm thinking of. Hope etc would be lovely but if I kept going in that direction my wheels could end up costing a fortune.

I think the rims will be 32 hole? Certainly the X517 I have just now is. Ideally the hubs would have to be black as I don't think that silver hubs would work with yellow rims.

On a connected note the guy who will be building them give free truing for the life of the wheel which is pretty good I think

clockworkgazz":1e7yr2f2 said:
Ahh they are silver alas, got nothing in black apart from some lx hubs bug they are early 90's I think.

Cheers anyway, as I said it isn't an urgent job. I've got a pair of nice charcoal grey LX front hub that would look good but I think I should aim for further up the ladder if I'm going to get my first ever set of custom wheels.

I agree, my fav wheels have some rather nice hadley hubs and they look and spin good. Middleburn are very nice to, never got the hope thing however those royce ones dt showed are lush albeit modern disk flavour lushness.

Rumble":8s8vjy0o said:
Have a look at my sunn xchox thread, the wheels are silver/grey xt hubs and citron 517 rims.

Oh jesus!

Since I got the Sunn frame and decided on citron rims thats the 2nd Sunn I've seen on here with those rims.

Looks OK with the grey hubs though, I was just thinking about black hubs and spokes to cut down on the amount of shiny bits clashing with the satin chrome frame.

RobMac":2f8e2dj8 said:
Gazz what series are those parallax hubs? M73? :?

M737 32 hole jobbies, rear spins smooth, front would need a strip and repack, front rim has a bit of life but rear is super concave mavic sup 117 I think.

Back