And today I did......

Tazio":127gp1sa said:
Took the Sunn to Eastside bikes, they're going to charge a tenner to retap the BB shell.

And they were all interested in the softail.

I'll bet they are :cool: quality always shines through.
£10 is not bad,a good price :cool:

mikee,
I think anywhere in the Lomonds is too close to so-called civilisation. We MTB'd up to the Tindall Bruce a few weeks ago and there was rubbish, (stuff like burnt tents and cans) lying around it.
So anywhere that you or I would know about so would the numpties know.
I have an old OS map of the area that dates from the '50's, looks weird to see no houses at all around what was to become Glenrothes. Can't remember if this guy on UKBothies said if East Conland Farm was/is Hairy Holes Farm, he describes being there looong before the houses were built. I'll pass on your suggestions but I think he's on a loser looking for a bothy type place to use in Lomonds.
Haven't bivvied out for a long time, last time was probably somewhere in Cairngorms sleeping under a huge boulder.
:cool:

Would you not be better looking for a bothy up nearer west lomond - a bit further from the roads? There are a couple of ruins just above Harperleas Resevoir (Ballo) could they be adapted?

Although I wouldn't have thought the lomonds really needed a bothy as it is not that remote.

TK, there's nowhere in the Lomonds that is far enough away to keep the numpties from trashing it. In the summer, :roll: , we went up to John Knox's Pulpit for a bike ride. There was rubbish, bottles, cans and other crap that's associated with a piss up, lying about. The arseholes just don't care. :x We didn't have anything to carry the rubbish away in or we might have taken some.

Today I trashed my bike snob credentials for ever by buying a mint first generation Raleigh Mustang ATB (the black and white one)for the princly sum of five English pounds.

It was so original I couldn't resist it.

Future BoTM? :LOL:

Dr S":pad76wgs said:
Today I trashed my bike snob credentials for ever by buying a mint first generation Raleigh Mustang ATB (the black and white one)for the princly sum of five English pounds.

It was so original I couldn't resist it.

I say give it a go.You may win on the nostalgia vote :LOL:

Dr S":bd8oa2xu said:

It was so original I couldn't resist

no chance , needs to be a kona :LOL:

Back