And today I did......

Just back from Pebbles.[Peebles hydro hotel]
Didnt make it to Glentress as i was feeling pretty ill on Saturday,could hardly finish my 12oz fillet steak :shock: .So really just had a wee cycle in the town on Sunday and that was all :(

Last minute change of mind saw me take the singlespeed dale. Watch the seniors I saw a guy wrap his mech and reckon I'd made the right choice only on the practice lap I lost the chain, then proceeded to loose it 4 times during the race. First time about 200 yards after the start :oops: everybody had shot off and I was a tail end numpty. Managed to gain a dozen places or so only for it to go again, still on lap 1 it was looking grim. Persevered though and for some reason as the laps went on it came off less and less. But there should be a no excuses policy, cannae blame poor preparation.

Rumble":36oqbkva said:
One more beer last night would have sorted than chain problem kaiser ;)

:LOL: but tonight I have one more than I would have had and it is ebay night!

mikee,
are the Hairy Holes woods the ones sort of NE of where you live near to what was Hairy Holes Farm?
The reason I'm asking is it reminded me I was supposed to pick your brains about any small buildings or shelters that there may be in or around the Lomonds.
There's a guy I know on UKBothies.org, well we were both brought up in Leven and share school-mates and acquaintances but to both our knowledge have never met.
Anyway he was looking for some wee place they could use as there is a dearth of such places in Fife. He's been to Hairy Holes Farm back years before all the houses were built, but it's now no longer "out in the wild".
So I thought that with your extensive wanderings by bike in the Lomonds you might know of somewhere suitable.

dunno john
i heard it was called hairy holes woods sometime in the past , but a look at an OS map confirms it as hairy holes woods , cute name :shock:
i wouldnt "bothy" that close to grimrothes , beer can alley is about 200 yards from there and can you guess why its called that ?
there's an old ruined building at the top of that field ,so mkight be the old farm house , its not far from east conland farm either
better bothying further up the hills near the limekilns or tyndall bruce
or further down the hill
at the holiday inn :LOL:
sorry

could be interested in doing an all nighter out there sometime so let me know what he/you think ,could be fun
did a bivvy bag thing that involved a rave and alcohol out there a few years ago , that was round the north west side of the west lomond
good fun

theres the old inn ruin out by harperlees , but its like bloody glastonberry in the good summer nights ,a few other ruins out that way too
the woods up the bishop near the rain radar are a viable spot too

Ideal for our non camping members[Gazz ;) ] 2miles from Glentress,i think theres a back route from the hotel to the centre :?
Very family orientated :cool:

Attachments

• marzocchi canti tab 002 (Large).JPG
    marzocchi canti tab 002 (Large).JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 68
Took the Sunn to Eastside bikes, they're going to charge a tenner to retap the BB shell.

And they were all interested in the softail.

Back