And today I did......

The Sunn arrived this morning. It's in great nick and the tioptube decal thingy is better than I hoped, a wee bit of glue should tidy it up and all the "bubbles" are still in place.

Question for our resident Sunn expert :D

The frame is a Total but the bottom of the BB is stamped Xircuit. I presume it was the same Tange DB frame for both bikes but just a higher spec on the Xircuit?

Good question - but I don't know the answer off the top of my head :oops:

My xircuit is certainly made from the same tubing, and I think they differentiated higher specs with an "un" - i.e. you could get a "xircuit" or a higher spec "xircuit un", which shared the same frame. Don't think they did a xircuit softail so the totall name might have been reserved for that.

In any case - the sunn catalogues are in the archive so a hunt around should give you some idea. Be really interested to see it when it's built, always had a hankering for a softail.

At the other end of the desirable bike spectrum.....my DB Sorentto frame arrived. Its big, its dark green, it needs a clean, touch and polish but its kind of appealing.....I think I might be becoming a Diamondback fan as this is my third :roll:

It appears they went a bit crazy for soft tails in 1998, this is the Xircuit from the same year, frame looks the same but with different coloured decals. Interestingly the Total is listed a being a chrome finish but the Xircuit as satin. That and the spec being the difference. I'm just of to my LBS to get the measurements done for seatpost, FD and so on. The seatpost could be a bit tricky as I've just tried a 26.8 and it was too big. This feels like about a 26.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1998&Brand=Sunn&Model=Xircuit+Max&Type=bike

velomaniac":25lrti6w said:
At the other end of the desirable bike spectrum.....my DB Sorentto frame arrived. Its big, its dark green, it needs a clean, touch and polish but its kind of appealing.....I think I might be becoming a Diamondback fan as this is my third :roll:

I could see them suiting you. My ex had one back in the early 90's and I always found that it felt very long compared to the Kona I had at the time and couldn't get comfy on it.

Today i sold the Rudy :D
Had another member was over to pick up the early hope brakes/wheels from me,after the usual showing off, the rudy project came up and he offered to pay my full original price for it then and there.

Sold :D Thankfully,ive now got funds for something interesting :D

Off to ebay :D

well done that man! so what do you fancy? something got your eye, or are you waiting for a specific frame/bike?

Got a reply to my email to Dave Yates today, I'd contacted him about my planned full restoration of my DY's frame Ive hit a bit of a blank though :? They cant ID the frame or the colour but Im not finished yet ;)

zigzag":1kzg1oto said:
well done that man! so what do you fancy? something got your eye, or are you waiting for a specific frame/bike?
Im going to wait,at least till ive sold of the other bits ive accumulated,i mean 9 stems :shock:
I have another set of bulbs laced to 517 disc,those plus the very nice C2's i got will be the basis of it.
sus frame perhaps :? but till ive got a bit more cash back i wont know my options.

Hard news telling the chap that had agreed to buy @ £230[in fact i havent quite said its gone :oops: ]but its down to funds and i cannot afford to drop 100-120 quid just to sell it.

Shit perhaps but im skint and poverty makes no man civil :oops:

Back