And today I did......

technodup":23q0zfvc said:
Yesterday, and another failed Gumtree bid. GT Avalanche 3.0 for £20, third person to view it and still too late :(

Not my day really.

I got the GT. Probably not the bargain it appears.

Good bits : Wheels are true and tyres are fresh. Has a brand new HG cassette and chain. Doesn't need new cranks or chainrings like the seller suspected.

Bad bits : cosmeticaly challanged (but not the worst) . SR fork completetly shot (in the bin) headset shot (binned) , no seatpost , clamp or saddle. Bars rusty (bin!) and grips in tatters.

The wheels , tyres and cassette are worth more than £20 but I've already got some bits coming to fix it up on the cheap.....

Anyone got a cheap black 27.2 seat post ? ;)

I have one for a tenner posted

posts-2.jpg

Today I pulled out of the Peaks Meet as my necks giving me gyp. Expect to see some rather odd bike builds coming out of my stable from now on, I need a much more upright ride position and thus BMX/MX bars may be seen more often :roll:

Hawmaw":2sekgac2 said:
technodup":2sekgac2 said:
Yesterday, and another failed Gumtree bid. GT Avalanche 3.0 for £20, third person to view it and still too late :(

Not my day really.

I got the GT. Probably not the bargain it appears.
Makes me feel a bit better ;)

Figured it wouldn't be up to much for £20 but I've not got much to play with atm. :(

Today-Introduced RobMac to Alistair Gows wheelcraft,as he needed 4 wheels truing and some bearings replaced.
All went well when we finally arrived and due to the rain,were the only people there,so Rob got his wheels sorted the same day.

I'll let him update and tell you his good news ;)

No we're not getting married :p

Back