And today I did......

That's a good news. It would be cool to have someone like Groovy Cycleworks up here. Repair work or retro mods are things I'm most interest in.
I didn't know True Temper is still in the business. Not in frame tubing at least.

Yes you can stil get TT tubing from the states. Chris hance said it was the best and who am I to argue. It ain't cheap though, but if you want the best..... :cool:

kaiser":3hlmqhrn said:
Bullpup":3hlmqhrn said:
kaiser":3hlmqhrn said:
Hopefully, picked up a couple of thule roof mounts and a pair of the infamous rocket ron's at the edingburgh bike sale. Been here before though....

Is that the Edinburgh Bike Co-operative sale?

Aye, a few times I've ordered stuff only to be told they've ran out. I did phone though on the guy was optimistic I'd get the stuff though.

the saga continues..... The rocket rons are a no goer, got the email today, this is despite me ordering them at 4 in the morin. The roof bars they have secured, just to add the tension though they will be delivered on thursday and I need them for Friday :eek: Can't really complain though the guy I spoke to was very helpful and it is a good price. Better check for late night opening Halfords in the area though :LOL:

kaiser":351fxzqa said:
The roof bars they have secured, just to add the tension though they will be delivered on thursday and I need them for Friday :eek:
You still flying the MacRetro flag in Ireland at the SSWC Chiefy?

I am that is! Not sure when the WC will be as near as this again.

got my mitts on some rather fetching silver ringle Q/R's for the yo- to match the hubs :D - now just need a period correct seatcollar and the bike is finished, anyone got owt kicking about?

I'm quite sure that I have no chance of winning, but over the in the road section my Sunn is one of the candidates in the vote: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162832. I'd encourage the MacRetro faithful to follow the link and vote for their favourite, but I'd also point out there mine is the only entry from north of the border and it'd be a shame if I let the side down by coming last... ;)

Shameless :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Last night I sorted out lots of bikes. Fixed a punture here, a frayed cable there, trued a wheel, fitted some brakes, spit, polish, fettle etc etc.

Then decided that my trusty winter bike, a first year Kona Humuhumu singlespeed deserved a bit of love. Inspired by lovely 70's cruisers over on MTBR, i'm going to go for a less practical cruise to the shops build rather that a winter do it all bike. I might even hack the canti stubs off and go for old Dia Compe MX side pulls. Paint with be black powder with a cherry red pearl laquer over the top to give a nice tint when the sun shines. Slap some nice red anno parts on it and some amberwalls and it should look sweet.
I had better get in touch with Gil and get on the waiting list for custom decals.

Pics when its painted.

Si

Back