And today I did......

RobMac":zqwi7wwp said:
Today a guy came round to tell me that the attic (stock room) is getting new insulation. SH#T :shock:
Where do I stash quarter of a million pounds worth of bike, motorbikes and car spares. :shock:

:shock:

Suggest you get him to replace wooden joists with RSJs while they're in...... :D

old_coyote_pedaller":lhd78fuj said:
My mate turned up this afternoon driving a black MK2 RS2000. I was out in garden and heard it coming thinking WTF is that. It's his nephew's, he's got it to do some work on it for him.
Made me take it for drive :LOL: , jeez it's the scariest car I've ever driven. :shock: The back end just wagged it's tail with the merest input of steering, even at 50mph. Mate said he nearly totalled it the other day.
I've had an E30 BMW325i with much more power than this RS and it was nowhere near as arse-tightening as it. Same with my kitcar (sadly sold), a Tiger Super6 with a 2 litre Fiat Twincam, also more power but so much more controllable at back end.
The front suspension has been upgraded, as have front brakes, Brembos I think, but rear end is standard, brakes and suspension.
Engine is a 2.1 litre with a big valve head and Webers, it can shift, in a straight line. Doesn't stop, well it does but pedal goes nearly to floor before anything happens. Possibly needs different master cylinder because of Brembos, I'm not a Ford expert. VW Golfs, Sciroccos and Corrados I know my way around OK.

Oops, meant to post this in Motors thread. :oops:

May have a quick (steering) rack on it.

Scariest car i've driven is a mid 80's Porsche 911 SC, and thats from a guy who's had several 3.0 Capri's.

RobMac":388ekacm said:
Today a guy came round to tell me that the attic (stock room) is getting new insulation. SH#T :shock:
Where do I stash quarter of a million pounds worth of bike, motorbikes and car spares. :shock:

:shock:
Store it on eBay - folk will even pay you for the privilege!

jimihendrix":1uqolrmm said:
May have a quick (steering) rack on it.

Scariest car i've driven is a mid 80's Porsche 911 SC, and thats from a guy who's had several 3.0 Capri's.

When I turned the RS round to go out on to main road the steering was incredibly heavy so that was the first thing I said to my mate but he doesn't think it has a quick rack as far as he knows.
The brakes were also a big concern like I said, it's possible to lock the front wheels but the travel of the pedal is way too much.

My mate had a black JPS Capri, a 2 litre. I'd never driven it till one weekend we went up to Aviemore to go skiing. This was before the A9 was fully 'upgraded' to the fine road it is now. :roll:
We stopped in Pitlochry for a quick pint :oops: before continuing on. He gave me the keys so I ended up driving it for first time on snowy roads in the dark as the roads that had been clear south of Pitlochry, north they were just 2 tracks of bare tarmac through the snow. I was shiting chocolate buttons till we got to Aviemore.

Hopefully, picked up a couple of thule roof mounts and a pair of the infamous rocket ron's at the edingburgh bike sale. Been here before though....

kaiser":2v3vcj3z said:
Hopefully, picked up a couple of thule roof mounts and a pair of the infamous rocket ron's at the edingburgh bike sale. Been here before though....

Is that the Edinburgh Bike Co-operative sale?

Round craufordland today and trails were spot on, they have been repairing lots of the muddier parts and there are some more man made log sections, the 29er is perfect round there, gears would be nice too.

clockworkgazz":zekap945 said:
Round craufordland today and trails were spot on, they have been repairing lots of the muddier parts and there are some more man made log sections, the 29er is perfect round there, gears would be nice too.

Is that the trails round Fenwick way we did the last time ?

Just back from a blast round the Braes, did two laps, Pollock park in the morning :)

In love with the Zaskar again after a brief falling out, going to fit 91 spec stickers back on it, itching to get the Bravado built, feel the lust for a Xizang coming on :)

Bullpup":14nl0636 said:
kaiser":14nl0636 said:

Is that the Edinburgh Bike Co-operative sale?

Aye, a few times I've ordered stuff only to be told they've ran out. I did phone though on the guy was optimistic I'd get the stuff though.

Did the two bridges this afternoon - grand tailwind on the way out, but paid for it coming back west along the Fife coast. The amount of bounce on the Forth Road bridge when some big trucks go by is scary :shock: And Bullion Point near Crombie is rather spiffy.

42.4 miles, averaged 16mph (well 15.99 but I'm rounding up).

Latest posts

Back