And today I did......

Poolio it is a good feeling when the young'uns big you up, happened to me a few times, they just don't realise you don't need 6 inches of travel to ride down a hill or over a jump :)

Aye! With the elastomers as shot as they are, I dare say I had much more than an inch travel to play with, but in fact it's all you really need - unless you're doing those silly monster drops.. but who wants to do them!?

Laced up a rim with the Marzocchi QR20 hub last night for the Moho. Took me all bloody night, and of course I still need to tighten and actually true the bloody thing. As usual, I forgot everything I learned when I did my first wheel, so there was much lacing/unlacing of spokes until they stopped resembling a plate of spaghetti.

I also find myself looking at roadie bits and bobs again... Big.eck kindly donated the Trek 1000 frame, forks and red flip/flop wheelset to me on Sunday in lieu of petrol money! So the good news is, it looks like I've got the basis of a winter training bike - the bad news of course is there will be some spending involved. It's a 2001, so it's neither retro nor modern - not sure quite how I'll build it, head says 'keep it cheap', bike-snob says 'invest in parts you can re-use when you move up to something decent'.

Started riding the 40 mile round trip to work again today, I equald my best time going to work and thats after a long break from it. Didnt cough my lungs up and was pulling like a cart horse :twisted:

Very enjoyable :D

Won £150 on a scratch card[i buy about one a month,+ yes i know im a lucky so and so] :LOL:
Popped into the city centre and bought myself something not bike related.

A new monitor :D
I feel all flash now :cool:

Attachments

• Samsung 24 inch monitor (Large).jpg
    Samsung 24 inch monitor (Large).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 149
:LOL:

Today I washed and cleaned the Ritchey, feeling the need to strip it again and check its ok :oops: Big tidy up going on and I feel there will be a few more casualties!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back