And today I did......

Definitely keeping it - I don't get rid of bikes through choice. It was a borderline dh bike when it was new but 120mm travel each end is more like a trail bike these days, so that's what it's going to be. Gonna fix her up a bit, add a few new bits and it'll be my trail/play/mini dh bike.

clockworkgazz":1dg4nbus said:
I'm at work thinking about how I'm going to convert the yo to gears.....

Start by going 1X7/8/9 It'll keep it light and its easy to do, just need the one thumbie and rear mech. looks quite good too.

I have the front and rear der so will prob just go 3 and 7 all 1992 xt with canti's too, albeit robbed from the stumpie and amazingly they work really well on it ( I didn't set them up so will be shite on the yo when I do it :LOL: ).

do still need a set of xt thumbies if anyone has some spare ;)

I'm going to take a picture of them on the stumpie and copy :LOL:

I do however need the stem and bars to get it started so mind them next week please my good man.

You want me to swing by and get you next sat?

kaiser":299uuh2k said:
I shall give you a masterclass in canti set up :)
Can I subscribe to your newsletter? :) It's a sad state of affairs when the best brake I've ever setup was the BMX u-brake on the back of the Rockhopper, and I think that's a combination of sheer luck and Kool Stops.

Can't get out on the bike until after 3-ish (bloody work). Did nip into Aldi's earlier and picked up a new waterproof jaikit for C2C... I do like the reflective polka-dots.

good hoping the fact that you bought a waterproof has the usuall effect of rendering it redundant for the weekend- thats why I got a space blanket :LOL:

thought they were for the maverick :LOL:

would be up for them if you are letting them go and if so £? or are you after anything swaps wise?

Today I bought some 7/8 speed joining links on ebay. I also found 2 in the cupboard, I then nipped up the stairs to get the 9 speed links I bought the other day. Only to find I'd picked up 7/8 speed links instead :oops: So I now have six 7/8 speed links and I need a 9.. which I don't have. I also have a bag of chains somewhere which should have a link in it but I can't find the bag.

Back