And today I did......

therealkw15":2s43jr3v said:
We'll be talking about slide rules next. Mines a British Thornton by the way, same make as my drawing board and instruments...

Nope - that'd just be silly. :roll:

fiirst ever pocket calculator I had was a Commodore 8063 :oops:

Mr Panda":2p9hmwql said:
As you were chaps - I seem to have a set of Faber-Castells :LOL:

bianchi.jpg

Staedler was one other pen at 0.18mm for intricate stuff, but can't find it at the mo'

Wifey has rotrings somewhere so shout if you want specifics.

God this is better than hedges :p

thems pretty

RobMac":1q296xin said:
I do / I did murals to :roll:

you still doing that ,i thought they slapped an ASBO on you for that
when you "tagged" gunny's grans van

i have a small ultasonic cleaner that you can borrow dad

First it was hedges........... ;) ;)

Another non riding week behind me, looking like another in front...damn work :roll:

Managed to find some more parts for my Mt Tam though so all is not lost.

A cautionary tale....
Took the girls up to Simonside yeaterday for a spot of mountaineering. Nothing too crazy as they are only 5 and 3 years old but they did walk/climb the whole way. the summit is 1409ft and the last 200 feet is a on all fours job over the boulders. They loved it and didn't notice how pale I looked as we did the last section- I hate heights and it was tres steep. View off the summit is incredible and you can see the coast from the Tweed to the Tyne- around 90-100 miles.
It almost ended in tears though. We were walking back along the top of the ridge along the flagged path. the girls were running ahead as usual when they stopped about 100 yds in front of me. Then the eldest Lola disapeared. Beside the path was an innocent looking puddle. She loves jumping in muddy puddles- blame Peppa Pig. Daisy began to scream as I ran toward them, jesus i have never run so fast im my life.
The 'puddle' turned out to be peat bog, bottomless peat bog. In the few seconds it took for me to get there all I could see of Lola was her face and one arm. Daisy was a hero, she always has a stick when walking (which we picked up on holiday in Devon and goes everywhere she goes :LOL: ). She had sat down and held the stick out to her sister but was getting dragged in too. Amazing thinking for a little girl who has just turned 3!
After what felt like a lifetime i managed to drag her out, she was just getting sucked in everytime I lost my grip. She was hysterical and covered top to toe in black mud. I then had to get her out of the wet clothes. Poor thing had to walk the last 3 miles wearing nothing but my jumper and my huge walking socks. My bloody boots blistered my feet without socks especially as i had the youngest on my shoulders for the last couple of miles.
Shes a tough little thing though and was soon seeing the funny side of things and we passed the remaining time making up a funny song that had the word Poo in it at every possible occasion. As for me, a lesson learnt, don't let them jump in moorland puddles. I really thought i had lost her. Not a nice experience.

Daisy got an extra large Icecream on the way home for saving her sister. I got a bollocking :roll:

Si

Back