And today I did......

Know what you mean about the Hope's Jimi, I gave up on an old Mini - the pistons were still sticking after replacing all the seals :evil: Really put me off 2nd hand disc brakes.

Done a wee bit of spannering tonight, popped in the new BB cups on the Mary (yay for CRC getting back to turning around orders in only a couple of days). Also greased up the axle on one of the egg beaters, was a tad dry :oops: I'm on a roll, think I'll try and true up the rear wheel now...

zigzag":14s04k49 said:
Know what you mean about the Hope's Jimi, I gave up on an old Mini - the pistons were still sticking after replacing all the seals :evil: Really put me off 2nd hand disc brakes.

Done a wee bit of spannering tonight, popped in the new BB cups on the Mary (yay for CRC getting back to turning around orders in only a couple of days). Also greased up the axle on one of the egg beaters, was a tad dry :oops: I'm on a roll, think I'll try and true up the rear wheel now...

With all the hassle i had with the C2's on the old LTS and now the 04's i have i'm thinking about buying new Avid BB brakes for the DH8.

BB's for a DH8 :eek: papa eck will have yer guts for garters. BTW he's a dab hand with the old hopes.

I also had bother with a set, ended up costing£90 for a service, still they're as good as new now. The best trouble free brakes seem to be shimano, XT can be had quite cheap on ebay , still second hand but should work well, or SLX will be a good match for the DH8.

kaiser":3es87x6e said:
BB's for a DH8 :eek: papa eck will have yer guts for garters. BTW he's a dab hand with the old hopes.

I also had bother with a set, ended up costing£90 for a service, still they're as good as new now. The best trouble free brakes seem to be shimano, XT can be had quite cheap on ebay , still second hand but should work well, or SLX will be a good match for the DH8.

Well, i'll persivere with the Hope's for now, just a bit sole destroying, thought i had the master cyls sorted then one seized again, then one of the calipers sprang a leak, this is before they are even on the bike :roll:

Where did you get the service done BTW ?

Service was done at 18bikes, the £90 wasn't too bad when I worked out the price of all the service stuff and new pads on CRC.

Mark, I've got a spare Hope lever if it's any use to you? I think I've still got a new set of seals for it as well. This one:

Mini-Lever.gif

Let me know if it's any use to you and I can bring it along next ride...

zigzag":1flrkexa said:
Mark, I've got a spare Hope lever if it's any use to you? I think I've still got a new set of seals for it as well. This one:

Mini-Lever.gif

Let me know if it's any use to you and I can bring it along next ride...

Cheers for the offer ZZ but it's the older Pro style levers i have ;)

I still have set somewhere, untested though so you could be back to square one, I also have what appears to be a NOS calliper.

kaiser":31wtewd4 said:
I still have set somewhere, untested though so you could be back to square one, I also have what appears to be a NOS calliper.
Do you have to say 'Open Sesame' to get into your man cave of retrobike treasures?

And hod oan a minute, is the same man that couldn't find a 26" tube to put in his camelback for Glentress on Tuesday.

Back