And today I did......

RobMac":30yjja1a said:
Ave just spotted ma MacRetro banner :cry: am fillin up :cry:

Where the feck is my speech :roll:

don't go all Halle Berry on us Rob :LOL:

Tazio":pgsqznek said:
mikee":pgsqznek said:
Tazio":pgsqznek said:
Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

Secret Seven all the way then.

JUST BIULD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

I've already got one of those. This one needs to be shiny and nice.

And then I can enjoy making it shabby.

sorry as someone who builds a bike in a day this is rather a long saga
especially with no pics

well i got a 20mm front wheel today for them usd forks and it's made me want to shuffle parts around on my bikes again :roll:

Great day doon the Tress with Rob 'Big Air' Mac and Velo. Velo bodged a hire bike's chain link for a German tourist and Rob gave himself a dead leg on more than one occasion. Did a circuit of the red, then back up to the middle car park where we hurled ourselves down Electric Blue. Big grins all round.

Picked up 'Gesundheit' for Kaiser. Tidy bicyclet. K - the pannier mounts he included are for the front, not the back.

DSC_3056.jpg

Nice one ZZ :D do you think its too wee? Did he give you some panniers too? Quite interested to see what they look like.

Naw, he just gave me the mounting brackets/frame thing. I think he originally thought they were for the back? Original bars too. Nice bloke, very chatty.

Got to admit K, it does feel small, took it for a wee wheek around the back slabs. But having said that, I'm no expert on this road bike sizing nonsense.

I'm hoping a longer stem and different post might work. He said it was a 21" which is about right for me but it does look a bit smaller.

Back