And today I did......

clockworkgazz":1mtai4yb said:
that looks proper cool, love it and love the absence of pink chain- how does she roll ma man?
dunno yet :oops: only been round the garden slabs. Probably brave the tarmac tonight.

Got the dust caps of a bloke on the forum, and a very good deal they were too! A bit large, they were for schraders, but I managed to screw in some old presta caps inside and them trimmed the bottom off. Now fits prestas!

zigzag":382gs929 said:
Plenty of room in the mancave for those weirdy narrow bar jobbies Gazz. Anyway, they can keep this company:

DSC_3055.NEF.jpg

needs to be on top of the page :cool:

zigzag":1qo7rjxm said:
clockworkgazz":1qo7rjxm said:
that looks proper cool, love it and love the absence of pink chain- how does she roll ma man?
dunno yet :oops: only been round the garden slabs. Probably brave the tarmac tonight.

how does the levers work with the u brake?

clockworkgazz":2nb9mgwq said:
zigzag":2nb9mgwq said:
clockworkgazz":2nb9mgwq said:

how does the levers work with the u brake?
Feels alright. Wasn't anticipating any problems, I thought canti's and u brakes required the same amount of pull.

Today I destroyed my old personal best at the pizza hut buffet. 25 slices in one sitting! Previous best was 17. Mostly deep pan as well none of this italian base nonsense. Wasn't even pushing myself as I could have forced another 3-4 slices in there if I was being really greedy :twisted:

Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

Secret Seven all the way then.

Tazio":1yribnju said:
Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

JUST BUILD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

mikee":1k6yx334 said:
Tazio":1k6yx334 said:

JUST BIULD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

I've already got one of those. This one needs to be shiny and nice.

And then I can enjoy making it shabby.

Back