And today I did......

Dr S":29p7sgj7 said:
Busy birthday boy today getting ready for 1,500 mile round trip to Le Mans. Spent the day checking over the car, did the suspension geometry and after lots of ramp, tape measure, bits of string, spanners, knuckle skinning and swearing I finally got it all spot on and cured the terrible bump steer that has blighted it since the rebuild (bump steer is when you hit a compression in the road whilst cornering and the car steers several feet into the other lane on it's own). I then re-bled the brakes, changed all the fluids, fitted the Air filters and gave it a good polish with some fancy Swissol polish that I blagged off a sales rep (I won't be buying it at £100 per 200ml pot :shock: )
Just got to pack my bag in the morning and I'm all set for Le grande adventure. Going to collect a Ruby now and crack open a few beers.

you trailering it ? ,genuine question BTW

Popped some green chill pills on the Stumpy - lovely little things! (Sorta) sorted the brakes too.

I'm pretty sure Si will be driving the Alfa down.

Trailer it! :shock:

Nah, it might be better than new now but it's no garage queen. I think the new motor will be run-in by Northampton and then it's time to see what she can do :twisted:

I won't be using it over winter but it's going to be a daily driver over the warmer months. I only do about 4,000 miles a year outside work so it's not going to do it any harm.

today i mixed new with old :D

IMG_0212-1.jpg

some nice cantis but i had to make a way for the rear cable to stop and made this.......

IMG_0213-1.jpg

also pissed around with the vr1 as i want to start using it :D :D :D

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211-1.jpg

the frame doesnt take a rear caliper but i might make something up or just run a magura :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That World Force looks great Eck :cool: , what year is that ?

Collected the bearings for the DH8 at lunchtime today, got them fitted when i got in from work, rearend and shock is back on the frame, also fitted the headset and fork crowns, discovered that the integrated stem in an oversize job which is a bummer as i planned on fitting motorcycle bars with a shim made out of a bit of seatpost, will need to find something thicker to use as a shim now.

Waiting on fork seals from CRC, after reading the fork oil thread will maybe fill them with ATF, waiting on an XT rear hub and some new Intense stickers (in black), may still be a while before the bike is riding though, will need to save some dough to buy the rims and get the wheels built.

Will update the build thread at the weekend anyhooo :)

cheers jimmi :D it's a 1998 .

i posted that seatpost and the rest of the headset today , sorry about the delay but i had lost one of the parts of the post that clamp onto the seat :oops: i really really need a huge clearout :oops:

i've started the snow camo gt as well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back