And today I did......

Re:

Message to DynaCol, your name was not mentioned, nobody was getting a dig in. All I said was a parts bins contents vary with the funds you have to fill it. I have little funds my parts bin bikes are built of scrap. In a contest of parts bin built bikes the nicest bike will win not the cr*pest ;)

Re:

It wasn't a contest last time, yet I got accused of cheating :roll: It was just supposed to be a way of getting folks building bikes and then go on a ride I thought and it certainly wasn't meant to be me flashing my wallet (I'm not like that).

Velo, I took exception to the fact that you were saying that having more money to spend was the only reason for having a nicer looking bike and seemingly nothing to do with knowing what looks good or having any skills as a builder.

At the end of the day it's not a big deal as I build the bikes I want to own and ride (all be it very occasionally atm :facepalm: ) some of them cost peanuts some cost a bit more but that's part of building retro bikes in my experience. Maybe if I rode more I'd have more scrap parts to build a "proper" parts bin bike :LOL:

My 'parts bin' is full of things I see at bargain prices. Lots of XTR and such, but never really expensive when bought. I have always taken the view that £20 is cheap for an XT shifter, and if an XTR is £40 it is still cheap compared to the latest kit.

Ultimately, more organised people tend to have less parts unaccounted for, so perhaps those who spend the most on builds might actually have less in the bin. If it is just for fun, who really cares?

Back