And today I did......

Re: Re:

keithyr":119hux8k said:
sorry to hear that Velo, I'm paranoid about some fecker nicking my bikes.

Don't worry Keith he'd be lying on the ground at the end of your street with no elbows or knees left after fallin aff 20 or 30 times :mrgreen:

clubby":119hux8k said:
Could nae keep it upright.

Re:

Sh!t news V. Like the rest said, report it. At least a chance of getting them back if they've been stashed.

Re:

My confidence in recovery of the bikes is not high for a number of reasons. 4 motorbikes I've had stolen in my life, reported theft of all 4 but only seen one again, at least its remains as it had been torched on waste ground in broad daylight, The police didn't go and investigate the huge cloud of black smoke witnessed by numerous people and seemed surprised when I reported the burnt out remains to them :x
A colleague had his bike nicked from outside his flat last year and reported it. He then saw it being sold on Gumtree and reported that as well. Nothing was done and he never got the bike back.
I dont have serial numbers of the bikes or decent photos so even if they were found how precisely I could prove they are mine I dont know. Also girlfriends home insurance only covers her bike not visitors so a Police incident number does little for me.
Further several cars have been broken into in the flats carpark and to anyones knowledge no body has been brought to book despite the flats cctv which we are convinced is not connected to any actual human security person who might actually look at it.
I might report it but not convinced its worth the hassle especially as I tire of the manner of the police in any interaction you have with them. They're very polite and by the book yet they always make me feel intimidated :?

Re:

Had a wee run round Blairadam this evening after much cannae be ersedness all day. Nice and sunny but the last couple of days of rain have re-created conditions suitable for the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Awright I exaggerate, it's jist muddy, Blairadam muddy.

Keith, I met the guy that cleared the trees on The Brick Road, I've spoken to him a couple of times previously at the end of evening rides.
From what he said tonight he's cleared fallen trees on several trails and does other trail maintenance too. He agrees with us too about the XC race, the trails will likely get trashed.

First ride for 8 weeks today, since I crocked my back. Only did 3 miles but pleased I managed that. MRI scan next weekend but at least I'm improving for now. :D

Latest posts

Back