And today I did......

Feeling a little sore around the knees after last nights ride. 16 miles turned into 20ish and the combination of mud and super tacky DH tyres made for hard graft.
The Cotic's new forks turned out to be duff- oil everywhere and kept losing air. Thats what happens when you buy anything from On One. Spent 15 minutes on hold when i called them this morning and they wern't very helpful. They don't have any more in stock and said that they would have to go back to Germany to be looked at. Turnaround was expected to be anything up to 4 weeks. Eventually after much wrangling they agreed to give me a refund on return of the fork. Decided just to part with the Cotic now rather than be forkless again.

The Indy is going to built up fully rigid as i'm through with bloody sus forks now.

Last bit of news is that the Pace goes to its new owner tonight. Just the roadbike, a pile of parts and the Cotic to go now and the clearout is complete. Garage looks empty :shock:

Sunny down here but working the weekend :roll:

S

Currently wheezing like an old pub dog and gurgling like a drain due to the cold. Fitful progress in bolting bits back onto the Tufftrax, which is looking so fine in its uncluttered blueness that I am having second thoughts on decals.

Maybe just go for a discreet Saracen badge on the headtube, and do the same for my equally naked Kona.

And maybe a Tange tubing badge for the seattube, and 'Steven Heddle KW15 1PY' with a little Orkney flag, to amuse my wife who laughs at me writing my name on all my valued possessions, and get the-name-on-side-of-racing-car vibe too.

Pictures of the bike once it's cabled up will follow, with and without mudguards and rack, as this is my touring workhorse.

today

Took the dog for her daily 4/5 mile 'bike walk', twice.
Turns out she cant quite muster the same enthuseasm second time out.
Poor Tank (dogs name btw).
The woodland cycle path we are building in the, get it, local woods is coming along again, should be an interesting 3/4km of mostly technical stuff once its done.
Good to note the trails are finally drying out somewhat, long live global 'warming'.

i done nothing today.............

i don't feel like looking at that char-grilled peice of crap the hut :(

I hope you mean you dont want to look at that chargrilled heap in the hut because otherwise the huts been torched :shock:

Cheer up Eck, you win some, you lose some and in your case you usually win lots ;)

took stuff to the post office got a haircut, bought what mtb , stripped the
raliegh summit ,went up to lbs for a nose on my astars ,came away with some nice black LX canti's and levers , and tried to recruit another member
had an hours kip ,then went for a 3 hour s/s spin up my hills
pizza and some cider ,

wifeys home tomorrow wooo hooo, missed her (a lot)

tnega

what trails you riding ?

am just pi***d off .

the wee s**t keeps sending me refund offers of 182 quid so i'll be 30 quid down then the cost of postage on top of that to send it back......

but get this , i'll be refunded after he gets the bike back hmmmm :?

i don't trust the guy and he'll proberly say half of it is missing so i'll be letting ebay sort it out :cool:

trails

mikee":2qczlmkz said:
tnega

what trails you riding ?

Yo Mikee, I live in Kdy so the daily dog ride usually goes through the middle den and around the Dunnikier golf course with the dog.
There is a project going on in the middle den with some professionally designed course, that aims to bring offroad biking to the general masses.
It's really quite cool, that instead of blindly thrashing through the undergrowth, one follows the cinder paths up/down/backwards etc and you have fun in doing so.
Ok it will never rival GT or the likes but for a community project, so short of funds, there is a real danger that middle den biking might actually reach out and touch some of the locals.
There is (maybe) a club involved, or hoping to generate such off of the back of the project, which can only be good.
Work on the project has been painfully slow however with the main man leaving late last year and work bogging down due to lack of leadership and the horrible winter weather.
Now however I'm hopeful that we can steam ahead in the lengthening days and complete the initial course design in time for summertime.
Btw, i've only been a candid observer for the last few weeks but have now offered my services (such that they may be), but its small scale projects like this that I feel really help the community and individuals..
Plus I can circumnavigate all the tracks thus far on my old faithfull full rigid 1991 Raleigh Mission, although I can see plenty of opportunity for slightly more serious full susser stuff.
Hoping it could become a hub of involvment.
Apart from that bud, not a lot.
Shifts, weather all pretty crap so far.
I'm a skinny smoking weed tbh, almost 50, give me another good summer and I might be able to keep up with the kids. ;)

Dave.

Back