And today I did......

Very flash those gps fellas. A handy bit of kit to have in your bag as you explore the uncharted regions of Fife
:?

I was over in the west end and spotted a set of wooden bowls. Normally all you get these days are lignite ,the resin plastic type but these are lignum vitae and are really dark in colour(bandsawed the top and bottom off) There were a number of timbers used and most only know of lignum so call them that when its clearly not.For example verawood,which is light brown with with creamy white sap :?

Ive just checked my database and the endgrain and its without a doubt genuine true lignum :D 4 bowls for £15 is a real bargain.

No Idea what to do with them. Oily timber unsuitable for most things ,difficult to glue, polishes incredibly lovely,especially the proper stuff, but unless youve board form small bits have really limited uses.

Once ive got the sides off i should be left with a block 70mm square and 75mm high.
Some smell from off the cut surfaces :D It's really spicy perfumed. Usually means its toxic to some extent.

firedfromthecircus":3cfkiyal said:
Rebuilt the cross check up as a single speed and finally admitted the the Pace ain't going to get ridden so it's stripped and heading for the loft!

022crop_zpseormedv9.jpg

Can always spot a mountainbiker by the stem on his road bike. Set at sensible. :)

Lovely bike,

epicyclo":fou9jcr8 said:
Can always spot a mountainbiker by the stem on his road bike. Set at sensible. :)

Lovely bike,

Or maybe you can just spot a middle aged man with a belly! :LOL:

Cheers though. ;)

Took it out for a wee jaunt today to shake it down so to speak. Was fantastic, and I'm wondering why it took me so long to build a ss road bike. Gearing seems about right for around here at 48:20. A bit of an experience getting used to narrow bars again after the wider bars arms race that has been ongoing with the mountain bikes of late, but all good.

Anyway, a couple of photies.

034_zpsssd5qdfg.jpg

038_zpskkktbp2r.jpg

And tomorrow should see a new addition arrive at FFTC towers! :mrgreen:

firedfromthecircus":33v7pk0q said:

What are you like your always buying bike bits :facepalm:
You should be like me and learn to say NO! :mrgreen:

Very nice Barry, it was a cracking day for it.

Oh, and this was waiting for me when I got home!

IMG_0105.JPG

Going to build it up for my daughter, mostly a parts-bin special.

Aye, cheers all, it was a braw day.

zigzag":2wxam1k7 said:
Going to build it up for my daughter, mostly a parts-bin special.

SSsshhhhhh. Don't say parts bin special. It'll all kick off again! :LOL:

Interesting looking frame. Is that Doug Bradburys name on it? What's the story?

RobMac":2o3xfyic said:
firedfromthecircus":2o3xfyic said:

What are you like your always buying bike bits :facepalm:
You should be like me and learn to say NO! :mrgreen:

Say No to not buying bike bits you mean? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back