And today I did......

Re: Re:

dyna-ti":fqi78dtt said:
firedfromthecircus":fqi78dtt said:
RobMac":fqi78dtt said:
Would you believe it 10,000th post and its buying summit :shock:

Yes.

Yes I would believe it.

You have what is commonly known as 'A Problem'.

:twisted:

I think its more of a case of the problem not just a problem

Problem, what problem?

Re:

Got three buckets and placed them carefully under the three broken skylights in the garage roof, supported on new batons as the loft floorboards are shot due to years of water ingress :|

Next task is to fabricate a roof ladder so I can get onto the slates and replace broken glass with perspex, then will remove all crap and decay and fit new boards inside, as the main joists seem sound still. This will be the new bike and parts storage area which should keep the lower area for motorised activities :twisted:

The loft isn't grand, as I can just about stand up at the apex part but it does provide handy storage :xmas-big-grin:

Also cleared about five years worth of rotten apples and leaves from the gutter, most of which unfortunately landed on the dog as he kept trying to catch gunk which I dropped :facepalm:

Current status, minus buckets:

I'd recommend you do the skylight fixing from the inside just for the sake of safety Mr P, i dont like the sound of a homemade ladder :? :LOL: I can foresee the 'fell off the bloody roof' thread :LOL:

Whats that down the far end :? That a fireplace ?
Did you have servants living up there :shock:

Re:

Got the boys out for a ride :)

Afterwards stripped down 2 bikes. The youngest has moved on from his C-dale M700 which soon most will be available, even the cherished M737 with sunsets. Then Split my 97 Kilauea to send out to the sand blast booth to become the new pubber. Most of that kit will be available soon as well. Needing to clean house so to speak. And make room for some Christmas :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• 20141123_130230.jpg
    20141123_130230.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 594
Re:

Something modern light weight full bounce for my marathon/enduro efforts next year.

What model Garmin did you get? I'm still undecided :?

whoooa, that sounds racey

went for the 500, got a good deal on the bundle with the cadence sensor and HRM

had swithered over an 800, appreciate there's a 510 and 810

810 is just far too much money, 510 just gives live connectivity via your phone which doesn't interest me tbh.

CRC have the 800 bundle for cheap, think they're graded or returned, still with 1yr warranty. been a wee bit jealous of my mates for years now, but when it comes down to it the only difference is the maps and a larger screen to help you use them. i actually have the garmin os scotland micro SD which i use in my Etrex when in the hills... well i say I use, but don't really I'd rather use a map, and just pull the garmin out on one of those, "where the hell are we" moments. the screens too small to use effectively and for that reason I decided on the 500, can rarely see me using the maps on the road bike.

got a kask helmet for half price too :D

Re:

Another thing, I forgot to mention the solo tarp & trick poles arrived today.

Sooooooo ........................ tarp + bivvi bag = (damp, cold, misery) :facepalm:

[*]Went hill walking a few weeks back. Pulled into the forestry car park early, still dark, a monster shape stirred just 2 meters in front of the car. Some boy in bivy bag, had a cuppa then taped his fingers up and headed out to the north face of Nevis.

Didn't want to admit we'd had a steak, a few beers and watched the Scotland game before heading to our bunk house :xmas-big-grin:

Back