And today I did......

Re: Re:

firedfromthecircus":1pc5p21s said:
Mr Panda":1pc5p21s said:
Not impressed with the beer range in the pub though - think I'll start making my own again :D

You not a fan of the Best? My local pint and I think it's a cracker.

God no. I succumbed early on to "proper beer" so nothing else will do. Tis a pity as Belhaven used to be really good in the 70s/80s. I wont buy the stuff they make now :|

Re:

Fixed a mates bike today, a mo*ern thing called a Merida i think ?, he was complaining of the gears not working right, left it at mine on Thursday, straight away i spotted the front mech was all bent to hell and twisted on it's mount, managed to straighten the cage up, re-aligned the mech, bit of adjustment and it was all good again.

Tyres had 20psi in them so pumped them up to 40, rear rim is buckled, not a lot i could do with that, bearing is noisy anyway so going to advise him that a new wheel is needed.

Makes me think i could have been a bike mechanic.

Also got a bit further with the 77 Chopper resto i started a year ago, was Purple Velvet now Black Prismatic and looking groovy, will fire some pics of that up when i get a bit further with it.

And today I did......

acquire a Rudge Bi-Frame in original condition.

Meanwhile my wife thinks I'm getting rid of bikes... :)

Mr Panda":3ubave7o said:
firedfromthecircus":3ubave7o said:
Mr Panda":3ubave7o said:
Not impressed with the beer range in the pub though - think I'll start making my own again :D

You not a fan of the Best? My local pint and I think it's a cracker.

God no. I succumbed early on to "proper beer" so nothing else will do. Tis a pity as Belhaven used to be really good in the 70s/80s. I wont buy the stuff they make now :|

I lived in Dunbar , the home of Belhaven , in the mid 80s when I worked on the building of Torness power station. I supped many a pint of Light in the numerous pubs in the town. A good range of beer back then but don't know what it's like now. I'd be disappointed if the standard had dropped.

Hawmaw":cw6i51zb said:
I lived in Dunbar , the home of Belhaven , in the mid 80s when I worked on the building of Torness power station. I supped many a pint of Light in the numerous pubs in the town. A good range of beer back then but don't know what it's like now. I'd be disappointed if the standard had dropped.

Exactly. And it has :(

In 1979/1980 us malingering student types could regularly be witnessed scoffing Belhaven 80 from the hand pump, which if properly aged had a very characteristic and satisfying eggy whiff and flavour. Most excellent :D

Then we discovered the Bon Accord in Glasgow and a whole world of perfect beer and cider opened up before our eyes.

Anyway, out on the Flying Scot briefly tonight between new house, old flat and superb olde lande rovere servicing manne in Edzell - Jeezo Aberdeenshire's flat. Might SS it :shock:

(The FS, not the LR)

:xmas-big-grin:

clubby":6eqp6xx2 said:
Nice wee village that Mr P. Easier access to A90 as well if it's a bad winter.

Ha that reminds me - got the Series 2 back today, MOTd for another year

:xmas-big-grin:

Back