And today I did......

Re: Re:

firedfromthecircus":2wz15vjp said:
clubby":2wz15vjp said:
Lefty 29er, but not as you know it :)

Are you going for a Jo Burt style carbon seat tube/post all in one jobby?

Unfortunately not. Had wanted carbon seat tube with polished lugs top and bottom (in homage to the Pace RC200) but Reynolds couldn't give the builder a strength rating for the tube. Given that I will be running a reverb stealth dropper post, the builder wasn't happy that the carbon tube could handle it. May well have been fine but not worth taking a chance it would fail some point down the line.

dyna-ti":ngrj3484 said:
Please dont say Trek

Trek! :LOL:

clubby":ngrj3484 said:
Maverick or Mustang?

velomaniac":ngrj3484 said:
Nah got to be a Magnum !

Which one o them was it had the pressed steel sidepull brakes? One of the lads in my housing estate had one. Terrifying prospect riding one of them down a hill now. :shock:

Hopefully be here next week. I'm quite excited. :xmas-big-grin:

Re: Re:

clubby":3syoo1wd said:
firedfromthecircus":3syoo1wd said:
clubby":3syoo1wd said:
Lefty 29er, but not as you know it :)

Are you going for a Jo Burt style carbon seat tube/post all in one jobby?

Unfortunately not. Had wanted carbon seat tube with polished lugs top and bottom (in homage to the Pace RC200) but Reynolds couldn't give the builder a strength rating for the tube. Given that I will be running a reverb stealth dropper post, the builder wasn't happy that the carbon tube could handle it. May well have been fine but not worth taking a chance it would fail some point down the line.

Probably not a bad thing for what will hopefully be a forever bike. ;)

Re:

Oooh, a Lefty but on a 29er, so you'll need to get a longer travel Lefty then use a travel reducer kit for the wagon-wheel?
Or are you flush enough
e14482.gif
to buy a 29er Lefty? :shock:

Bikes are truly getting weird :? 29er carbon with lefty :? However, i dont think your canti's will fit

Im in a quandary .A real nightmare scenario :shock:

As you may or may not be aware im looking for a new Hope C2 pro lever blade,for the new C2 No1 i got. I spot what looks like a nice conditioned C2 on Pro and think thats just the job. I win, it arrives and wouldnt you know it its in near perfect mechanical condition. Not only but the caliper is still more or less shiny and theres no damage or scratching to speak of on the master cylinder.It has been many a year since ive seen C2 pistons that withdraw fully into the caliper and operate perfectly.
I dont feel i should take it to bits :(

Re:

Went out this morning to walk Alf and spotted that my cars been heavily keyed and kicked plus six other cars, there's probably more :facepalm:

And for those who don't know, somebody banged into the other side of my car about a month ago in the super market I'm guessing.

Back