And today I did......

Clean, simple and cheap. Nice work indeed. Tartan saddle works well with the red top cap - keep coming back to it for the Stumpie...

You going with your broon spoon off the Muddy Fox?

Today the cold hard reality of the fact a cheap old bike cannot ride K'tree stuff reliably hit home. I need a new bike and by that I mean a NEW bike and it needs to be a big bike because I do look stupid on bikes that mere mortals call big. However not going the 29er route as I have spent too much cash going the 26er route in the past. Rats I hate spending money but I do like trail centres so needs must. After much sifting through the world of decent budget kit I yet again realise it has to be a Specialized Hardrock Sport. Discs, 23" frame, good reputation and the fact it looks smart too.

So guys, although I know I'm setting myself up for ridicule, please keep needling me to get the bike bought as I'm a skinflint :roll:

dont buy a bloody generalized
they're crap FACT

if your buying a trailpark bike get a full suss thing
depends on budget tho
i-drive or a marin or if you can stretch a cannondale prophet

just dont buy a bloody generalised

will have a rake about and see whats on offer

mike

The Azonic looks great K :) , has a big BMX burly look to it, if you want wider bars what about low rise Renthal MX bars (like the ones i use on the LTS), they come 30" wide, i cut mine to 28" i think, a shim needs to be made but i used a bit of old seat post ;)

I've decided to go all out and get the LTS built back up, got my eye on a pair of single crown Shivers (120mm travel), if not these a pair of dual crown Junior T's, will need a BETD mount for the rear caliper, Avid BB7 cable brakes with a 203mm disc on the front and a 185 on the rear, new XT rear hub and some kind of fancy 20mm through axle one on the front, burly rims and tyres.

That's the plan anyway providing i dont go nuts and buy another bare frame (project) like i need a hole in the heed :LOL: (like the Aluminium O in the for sale section i'm trying to ignore :roll: )

Cheers chaps

zigzag":2jpvmrth said:
You going with your broon spoon off the Muddy Fox?

white spoon should be going on but I have a spare brown sitting around.

Velo why no 29er? Maybe ask ZZ nicely to bring his along one day and take it out? There are some Marys and Diamond backs going around cheap and if you wan't to spend dough a Karate monkey or a Fargo would be nice for your RSF stuff :)

jimihendrix":2snw5k1x said:
I've decided to go all out and get the LTS built back up, got my eye on a pair of single crown Shivers (120mm travel), if not these a pair of dual crown Junior T's, will need a BETD mount for the rear caliper, Avid BB7 cable brakes with a 203mm disc on the front and a 185 on the rear, new XT rear hub and some kind of fancy 20mm through axle one on the front, burly rims and tyres.

it a smashing bike that, really needs to get going again :)

yeah velo, 29" are worth a look ,be good for a big guy like you
i've got a s/s29 wheelset if you go the self assembly way
oh and rigid forks too

I like generalized :roll:

Generalized are no worse than any of the big companies including GT which I do not like.

I like 26ers :roll:

29ers look ungainly, I look ungainly, bad combination.

Admittedly I look daft on a 26er but after 15 years the rot has set in :LOL:

On-Ones are great but I do not like the fact frames stop at 20", I dont like long seatposts, aesthetics are wrong.

Just for once I have to focus on only one bike and keep to a budget and thus any feature that doesn't tick a box has to be used to eliminate a choice from the myriad available :roll:

Back