And today I did......

Today, my new truing stand appeared seems reasonable quality for the money.

enough squinty wheels in the shed, a couple of hubs, a few rims... we'll see how this all goes

Re:

Am in the same boat, Ive been looking for a reasonable price wheel stand AND I was gonna attend a few wheel building classes as well. I think Ive got the patience for it and the OCD will help :shock:

Anyfool can build a wheel, even me. I tend to use a frame or forks as a truing stand but one day I'll get a proper one. To quote Kaiser when building a wheel, make sure the wheel your using as an example to copy has the same number of spokes as the wheel your building :LOL:

gmac123":3ntha3xm said:

Wheel pro book is ace. Well worth the money. I built a wheel copying another once back in the nineties, though god only knows how that stayed intact! In recent times though with the help of the book above I've built both wheels on the monkey, both wheels on the El-mar, both wheels on the Genesis and the back wheel on the moonie. All holding up perfectly. :)

Re:

Did you 'run' around it figuratively, or actually in trainers and such?

I just started gentle running after a long hiatus and five miles approx. in forty had me wrecked!

That was on the Great Glen Way after walking for an hour or so. Just don't have the beans and it feels like I am at great risk of injury on rougher patches.

Just not light on the feet, fatigued as though I had run fifteen miles already by three miles.

..and we are nearly into winter again so limited scope for off road running that is nice and smooth. Bar the beach of course, so I guess that is where I am heading.

The curse of age and injury.

Back