And today I did......

They Slabby GSX's were not called that as a compliment, they are a bit brutalist looking to be polite.
Restoring them to original spec is much like restoring mtb's to original spec. BITD they got shot of/changed things for a reason but when restoring you fit the crap you slung out just to be correct.
Someone will no doubt beat down Rob's door for an original exhaust just to make the bike as ugly as it left the factory. Restorers :roll:

Prefer the later 90's GSXR's myself, especially if stripped of their fairings and given the street fighter look :cool:

velomaniac":vd46gbey said:
Prefer the later 90's GSXR's myself, especially if stripped of their fairings and given the street fighter look :cool:

Why Stephen youve just about got me fillin up here "street fighter" your not a "nerd" after all :cry:

Ive got a couple of the oil cooled GSXR's of which you speak and a couple of their derivatives 1200 Bandits.

Respect bro :cool:

Re:

Took the Ducati down to Glasgow for its annual service. First ride on it in 2.5 months. Still needed another new rear tyre. That's its 4th in 7000 miles! Fitted a sports touring tyre this time, see if it does any better.

Went for a wander round the bike shops to kill some time. First time in Billy Bislands. Lovely retro Peugot road bike in the window. Guys inside seem really sound. Got chatting about trails, apparently the North Third near Strirling has been cleared and is riding really well. Worth a wee meet next month? Also heard the sordid tale of TKs new Pivot.

Re: Re:

clubby":395a219q said:
chatting about trails, apparently the North Third near Strirling has been cleared and is riding really well.
Could do a Cambusbarron / North 3rd combo just like last time?

Re:

I'd certainly be agreeable to that. Maybe go to the cliff path first then do the downhilly trails last.

Back