And today I did......

Re:

Stripped another bike down, this time the Kona King, yesterday it was the Viscous. A bit of a clean and it'll be up for sale.

had plans for a wee spin down GT but had to knock em in head when the wife announced she ws going out. so skived off early after a LONG week at work and had nice road ride and bike clean, very theraputic. hope i've got that creaking headset sorted!

I always post in here at least one day beyond today I did but anyhoo. Yesterday I did some trail riding around Kirkcaldy, blooming good it was too ! Finnished up in the trails in Middleden wood, designed by Rik Allsop, it was like riding the Drum in miniature, fantastic. I could spend a happy afternoon in Middleden on its own, only 5k of trails but enough amusement to do lap after lap.

Re:

Well today is the first day of my weeks holiday and my attention turned to the "flat-pack" garage again YAWN! :roll: Then I started thinking how I'd utilise the extra space once I got it up "the garage" so I popped down to the local news agents for some reading matter to go with a coffee. Classic Motorcycle Mechanics, Augusts edition with a pic of a GSXR750 (Slabby) 1985 on the cover, the reason for my attention Ive got amongst others a 1100 (Slabby) 86/87 and the good news is, on page 54 at the end of the second paragraph and I quote "The exhausts, yes that big cumbersome one-piece pipe that most people cut in half and threw away to replace with aftermarket units. Now if you could turn back the clock and have all those original units you would have slabby restorers lining up at your front door like a pub with free beer! Why? Because you can have the most concours slabby in town but without that original exhaust it will never look complete."

Guess what :mrgreen:

So what you're trying to say is you're looking for some burly bikers to form an orderly line at your front door because they're interested in your 'exhaust'?

manif-24mars-bordeaux.jpg

Back