And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":1iltvw65 said:
Raptors are p1sh they're OK in a straight line, any kind of side force and they wipe out :?

You get the front and rear mixed up again? :roll:

I favour raptors aswell but I really dont get Robs problem, never had any bother as he describes.

Now truley crap tyres no matter how authentic they look have got to be Onza Porcupine's. Only place they ever gripped were Broxburn Bings, everywhere else they were death traps !

Took a wee burl up to Kelty from the hoose trying to find a decent off road route throught the quary. feck me it was hard and was a bit hike-a-bike at one stage.

then took a burl round the fireroads round blairadam. ended up doing 22miles, knackered and with an arse like a baboons!.

still good to be getting out. Away to New york next monday then will be back into it and hopefully catch up wi you lads soon as.

Today I can not find a suspension bush, rubber or elastomer mount, drive coupling or anything off of any machine, either agricultrual, plant or industrial workshop, that I can suitably bodge to make and elastomer bush for my GT-LTS 4 rear suspension... so looks like I may have to bite the bullet and the correct part from the USA. I hate that when I can't bodge somethign together from a range of seeminly unsuitable parts...

Thouhght they day is young, I can still drvie past the tip on the way home :)

Went to wheelcraft just to get a rear wheel trued, and a rummage of course :oops:

Left to house at 10 o clock noon and got back at 9pm . Knackered. Even though its only about an Hours or so ride from the station to the shop its the waiting twiddling ones thumbs that takes the longest
Admittedly, im usually expecting preferential treatment to get the wheel or wheels done while im there(they are very good to me that way :cool: ) but it still makes for a long day.
Bumped into one of the Polish mechanics from the bikestation who was up with his GF to see the shop and take a wander about the glen. Well i think it was more the Glen they were there to see but i dragged them in for an introduction :D

Rummage came away with a new Ti-Glide axle and a 205mm 5 bolt Hope rotor :D Just checked and the axle is 130mm which is just the thing for my 4 bolt hope mono screw on as i was thinking of putting it into 130mm just for the hell of it and kind of how maybe an earlier cyclocross could have been set up if you had the money and a neck brass enough to turn up at a cyclocross in the early 90's with discs :LOL: i reckon youd have taken a hammering in the banter

@ Skyframer
Have you considered making the block from a stack of discs ?. I reckon youll be easily be able to get flat rubber and just cut them to size , hole through the middle :? Some clever fiddling with some softer rubber(Ask Rob about this, He for some reason is quite clued up on the softer, more pliable rubber products :? ) and you might be able to 'tune' it by inserting more or less of the softer compounds.

PS(Allegedly ;))
You'll see around some building sites and roadworks the tall tine steel fencing. Those stand in large blocks that are either concrete or rubber.
Around and shipbuilding areas like Govan or doon the clyde at bowling youll find they used large solid rubber blocks for supporting and protecting the ship sided from the props.
Ive seen these lying about abandoned in the old boat works at bowling and they measure about 30"x12"x12" approx

Back