And today I did......

dyna-ti":3jjf44bd said:
Love that idea with the floating cogs :D but it there anyway to index them so you put it in exactly the correct spot each time.
Maybe a couple of datum marks :? Something to line up as its more critical with 1x1 :?

I do it the old-fashioned way. Let the cogs float, spin the pedals a bit and the cog gets pulled into best alignment. Then clamp up to suit.

I wanted a system that was fool proof. :)

Re:

Finally found a nice 14-28 freewheel for the Colnago. Originally came with a 13-24 but with a 42 up front it was a bit overgeared for my tastes. The tub wheels I had were even worse, they were 12-18!
Only ever had cassettes before, so had to rely on my friendly lbs to help swap things over.
Now got the 28 on my normal wheels and the 24 on the tubs. Changed the chain while I was at it for a Yaban Wind Tunnel. Really odd links, almost figure 8 shaped but shifts nicely and looks cool.
Looking forward to some decent rides over the summer including finally trying out the tub wheels to sea what all the fuss is about.

Re:

Sitting in the car at traffic lights today I happened to glance up the adjacent driveway and noticed 2 old scrap transit vans and a load of old scrap metal piled up behind them. Just visible was drop bars with aero levers clad in red tape. Being a nosey bugger I parked up and knocked the door. No reply so I went for a look.
A 1991 Specialized Sirrus road bike lying amongst a pile of rubbish. Completely original with 105 groupo. Had obviously been lying out for some time but will clean up really well.
Anyway , went back this evening and spoke to the householders son. Dad's a hoarder and keeps everything.
Son was for letting me take it but phoned his dad first ... "Naw , Ive got somebody lined up for that "
Bugger !!
"Never mind" says son , give me your number and I'll work on him cause it will still be lying there months from now.

So now hoping for a call from the son. Willing to pay him something for it but not too much cause I don't really need it and I've got several other bikes I need to get roadworthy.

From what I can establish the steel Spesh road bikes are well regarded and they were not too common place back in the late 80s early 90s.

Anyway , went back this evening, when it was really dark wearing my darkest clothing but unfortunately they were at home
:p :LOL:

Not today, today looking after an injured Mum aged 72,who tripped on the stairs and promptly fell down them :facepalm: . Just a twisted ankle but wrenching to the ligaments so likely to be a while to heal, especially at that age.

Sister is taking over tomorrow so im off to Clachan of Campsie to visit wheelcraft and get my red wheels trued.
Al built them about 3 or so years ago and promised the first truing free. I might not get that after this long :LOL: and i need the bearings changed on the nice early front hum for the bolt on front brake(The one with lots of drillings in it.)
These bearings are difficult to remove as theres zero clearance so maybe if Als guys cant do it it will have to go to Hope .

Train to Lenzie as its a B class road with twists and turns and high hedges and i always feel im about to be run over from every car that roars past. Lenzie to Kirky is on the road then just outside kirky(Kirkintilloch) theres the old train line that is now a cycle path of sorts and goes right out to the shop. Plus youre off the road and its much safer.

Knowing Al it will turn into a ten hour visit and im likely to die from extra extra strong coffee poisoning :shock:

Re: Re:

RobMac":bhkzyole said:
Did 22 miles on the bike then walked 16 miles as part of training for a charity event in May.

Long day .....................

Back for more today, 26 mile bike then 20 mile walk (in the rain).

FM what a even longer day .................. :facepalm:

Back