And today I did......

Re:

Nothing quite like completely conflicting experiences to help you make up your mind :) I'm willing to try anything that claims to be dry and clean running (so long as it's not outrageously priced)... I have used cheap-ish dry lube from the LBS (TF2 I think) on my 2 year old road bike from new and it's been all right but it's hardly a comparable situation as I only use the road bike when the salt and winter grime is gone from the roads.

Ive always been one for dry wax based lube for summer and oil for wet/winter. So far its worked well just so long as the wet lube chain needs cleaned far more and reoiled.

been using the muc off wet lude in winter and dry in the summer.

tbh the wet, as you suggest is pretty darn adherent. i find a small splash of degreaser in chain cleaner and a dry/rub clean with an old cotton t-shirt has the chain gleaming in a couple of mins. all said looking forward to dry lube season.

clubby, also failed to find the campag victory 36 t chainring, or anything smaller than my 42 with the correct BCD, so just dropped on a shimano block with a 28t max rear. does the job in all but the steepest climbs

Use a ultrasonic cleaner for chains, a mate has one set up in his shed filled with oil, sunflower I think :), takes chain off every month and leaves it on for an hour or two, perfectly clean and oiled chain after that

:LOL: :LOL: it wouldn't fit in my shed tbh, but way to go

in the first factory I worked in, used one to clean my specs. brilliant piece of kit

his ultrasonic cleaner is only a foot long, ex dental lab one. You get home ones that would fit a chain for about 20/30 quid.

Re:

And today I didn't ........... go to work (emergency holiday).
The Patmobile didn't start (for the first time) due to dampness I think, its not turned a wheel since Friday.
So, new plugs, leads and maybe dizzy.

:( Good weekend for car-related woes. Mechanic is talking about splitting the loom on the mazda to try and find a broken wire for the ABS.

Latest posts

Back