And today I did......

velomaniac":5r4zu3mg said:
Wow several folk are after my crown of Macretro Grump.
RobMac for Chief Grump, Dyna for Vice Grump, who'll second these nominations :LOL:

'V' you'd better include OCP in there some where or there will be hell to pay :LOL:

RobMac":1cb4thfp said:
velomaniac":1cb4thfp said:
RobMac for Chief Grump, Dyna for Vice Grump, who'll second these nominations :LOL:

'V' you'd better include OCP in there some where or there will be hell to pay :LOL:

Thanks for being offended on my behalf, I just didn't have time earlier.
e14482.gif
:LOL:

Whit aboot it velo, get on yer
2e3qq2c.gif
and get it done or it's
e14556.gif

velomaniac":21b5t5kk said:

Now THERE if EVER i saw one is a case for the kettle calling the pot black :shock:

My gast is truly flabbered

Yes I know, thats why I said it but in truth you two have been moaning a bit and strangely I have not. I am on the happy pills though, St Johns Wort, not something illegal or prescribed. Realised my mood had been getting a bit seriously grumpy and bad tempered as was witnessed on here and a serious tiff or three with my girlfriend. I need to be calmer and less moody hence the happy pills which I'd better keep taking :roll:

Its a state of mind V :? Once its been recognized its a simple matter to rectify. Personally, ive found this pastime called cycling (odd word i know as you dont cycle through but stick to the one thing. Logic ?? right out the window :shock:)
Its been very good for lightening the mood.
Possibly something to do with focusing the mind, but nobody knows yet as its a new technology :?

:p

Did something very odd, I bought a new bike, thats new as in NEW not new to me. Before anyone gets excited its definitely not shiney, shiney and trick. Its a Mongoose Switchback Comp, modern entry level thing. On Sunday i lead a group of Edinburgh mtb'rs around my trails and it was a great success but i was struck with the thought that all my bikes are really of the ark compared to everyone else. I had been toying with getting a modern ready built trail hack for some time and this was the push i needed. So for the first time in at least 15 years I have trigger shifters and kit thats new and even vaguely with it, weird. Bike is also ugradeable which most of my old kit is no longer.
I'm leading the same group a different circuit next month and maybe one a month after that. This old dog might be learning new tricks and my retro credentials will become reduced but not removed all together.
Happy pills and positivity is a dangerous road to follow :LOL:

seein as it was a braw day on Sunday (and the fact my head was fuzzy after too many vodkas on sat night) so nea ride out but managed to swap the old cantis on my RTS to xt v-brakes.

i had also bought a set of xtr canti's as a fallback if the cable routing didna work on the v's so will be putting them up for sale along with the zaskar split in next couple of weeks.

went for a braw 2-3 hour walk up round toonhill though

RobMac":339hxws6 said:
keithyr":339hxws6 said:
went for a braw 2-3 hour walk up round toonhill though

Pub crawl :mrgreen:
:D How long till you can ride a bike off-road Keith?

If you fancy some 'soft-roading', happy to go for a pootle round Callendar Estate Trails with you. The only challenge is staying awake...

Latest posts

Back