And today I did......

clockworkgazz":130q94uc said:
Watch for the cow shit when you take a sip from the water bottle on that bike :shock:

Too right, I did a Scottish XC race at Comrie holy fcuk was I ill all down to sheep shit :facepalm:

just done a 12 mile round trip on the 29er , man those things are fast :cool: only broke a sweat cause i pushed really hard on the way home .

the fatbike can wait , this things awesome :mrgreen:

A 29er is no faster than a 26er with higher gears, its no the wheels that make it fast just the gearbox and the engine (you). Its advantages are its wheels rolling over stuff easier.
I know typical pedantic Velo but I dont believe the hype, no no no no no, dont believe the hype....

velomaniac":26k7l75w said:
Its advantages are its wheels rolling over stuff easier.

Thus not slowing you down as much thus faster?

I'm with velo on this, it's a load of marketing hype. Read an article recently that went behind the hype to check out the claimed advantages of the small increase in wheel size over 26" wheels. Can't remember where now. Anyway they didn't think there was much in it either way.

Sooo, if they are better why aren't we still riding penny-farthings since we are Retro bikers?
e5001371.gif

Naaaaah still down to rider. All bikes are just human powered tools, how you use the tool defines how good it is, not the tool itself.

Back