And today I did......

Buy a crosser, like a tough road bike but with more comfort and offroad capability when the potholes get too much. Croix de fer looks nice but if I had the choice I'd go for homegrown....

http://www.shandcycles.com/frames/fat-t ... -overview/
stoater-ft-overview.jpg

Although I really think you would like a fatty, I guess we get less fussy as we get older but I'm a real convert, it climbs like no other for me.

Goodbye yellow peril. Gazzs go crosser, if it all went tats up and I was down to one bike then it would be a crosser! So many options though, I'd avoid a pure crosser, ie no rack guard or bottle mounts, I'd try to get something with mahoosive clearance too. A mistake I made I think was to buy something a bit generic and boring, loved the bike from the get go but now realise it was the format rather than the bike and now wish I'd bought something with a bit more soul. Saying that for b2w have a look at the verenti on wiggle , cannae mind the name£600 steel and discs, it would leave some cash for an extra pair of tyres, rack, guards etc. I'm enjoying mine now with some 35c road tyres and guards, perfect for comfy winter riding.

Yep totally agree, my next purchase is to replace the frame and forks on the gazelle with a fair bit more tyre clearance, another yellow peril to move on sadly but I want bikes that are versatile and comfortable now as I know I'll make the effort to take turns in what I ride if they are.

I do like that Stoatsr FT and the Ti Tripster.
Get cross Gaz, very versatile. Genesis CDF comes under the b2w price point and is a nice bike. My mate has one and loves it.

I do like the looks and any excuse for another bike and all that but cant really seem to justify it to myself- there are only a very few trails round here that are of an intermediate type and then on road why go for a slow road bike- I don't really need a comfy road bike as I tend not to spend lots of time on them ha ha. Like the Ti one Mr K and I need to get it from halfords so that sort of limits things.....

picked up a pair of xtr cantis cheap of fleabay for the RTS.

was intending to go V brakes but the rear cable routing is not great so will have a spare set possibly.

Back