And today I did......

dyna-ti":2wg38h2y said:
RobMac":2wg38h2y said:
And yesterday I did......

35 miles off-road, was on the go for 5/5.5 hours on a bowl cereal and a hand full of jelly babies.

The answer to your prayers Rob :D Well, half the answer ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jelly-Belly-E ... 53feb8c207

I bought a couple of pack of these myself and the verdict is they taste great which for gels is a Godsend. Nothing like a lukewarm 'lemon' gel to bring tears to your eyes :x
I got Orange and Raspberry
They has a tangy taste to them just like sweets(candy for our US viewers) The orange was indeed very orangy and the raspberry tasted more of blackcurrent.
Ill get more of these instead of gels.

Picked up some normal jelly belly beans in asda the other day, very tasty and did think they would make good bike snackage

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
keithyr":3uq0tfhc said:
a the other day, very tasty and did think they would make good bike snackage

Im a big fan of a pocket munchie :? but might as well do something other than give a short fix sugar rush :?
Id say a it pricey compared to gels which are about a quid. The 'tang' they give is very welcome, much like the super sweet taste of condensed milk . Its that extra oomph that gives them the edge over gels for me at least.
It recommends taken with water incase anyone buys a pack, doesnt read it properly and scoffs the lot.

Scoffing the lot in one short go i think is normal on here :LOL:

This week I've said goodbye to Edinburgh after 12 years and hello to West Lothian. Got a big new shed slowly filling with bikes and hopefully some local trails. If I'm good I might be allowed out to explore tomorrow.

In between Addiewell and West Calder, West Lothian.Got out for a couple of hours this morning and went exploring. Didn't find anything very technical but plenty that was promising, felt great to go on a ride without getting in the car first. I'll put some pics up when I manage to get the broadband sorted.

I'm struggling with shopping in advance, there's no 24 hour tesco round he corner like I'm used to!

Rumble":1itlxbjr said:
In between Addiewell and West Calder, West Lothian.Got out for a couple of hours this morning and went exploring. Didn't find anything very technical but plenty that was promising, felt great to go on a ride without getting in the car first. I'll put some pics up when I manage to get the broadband sorted.

I'm struggling with shopping in advance, there's no 24 hour tesco round he corner like I'm used to!

Aye, the shopping thing takes a bit of getting used to. :LOL: I moved from fountainbridge to the middle of the lammermuirs and when you realise you've got no milk you canny just pop round the corner. :LOL:

As for riding from the door, it's for winners.. ;)

You still working in Edinburgh?

Yep, work at the Gyle so commute shouldn't be too bad. Shame the train doesn't stop at Edinburgh Park though.

IMG_20131201_093234_zps7f3c963c.jpg

IMG_20131201_091912_zpsf265a7b5.jpg

IMG_20131201_094705_zps9455e1d9.jpg

IMG_20131201_103343_zps6aae9504.jpg

Back