And today I did......

is it THAT good a frame ? tbh it's a little small for me so i'm gona try a bigger rise stem with a 2 inch riser bar and we'll see.................

More tinkering with the Azonic, fitted another rear tyre because of the clearance and fitted the rotors,. Brakes are a faff with the horizontal dropouts :evil: and they rub a wee bit. Stuck the chain on too and remebered why I hate shimano chains :roll:

big.eck":2hhm13c8 said:
is it THAT good a frame ? tbh it's a little small for me so i'm gona try a bigger rise stem with a 2 inch riser bar and we'll see.................

i told ye it was too small
that me with first dibs then ? :LOL:

mikee":bkw4vfn5 said:
big.eck":bkw4vfn5 said:

i told ye it was too small
that me with first dibs then ? :LOL:

i really want to give it a go , mind ave been using big , well huge forks on my bikes for a few years now so it might be alright :D

i think i should hold a poll to see whay has the best reason for me to give the dibbs rights too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

am gona fit the stem and bars tomorrow and at least 1 brake :LOL: :LOL: and we'll see what am gona do with it .

1 things for sure , am keeping the tyres........ they things are fast as f##k ! just a wee bit diffrence between them and ma 3 inch knobblies on the road :LOL:

Tonight I have been mostly cursing - rebuilding the Xizang for Saturday.

On Kaiser's advice it now has suspension, but in order to fit that I have had to ditch the disk and go back to canti brakes so I hope they work - I even fitted my last set of nos eagle claws from '93 - I guess I'll be over the bars a bit more than usual.

As normal nothing is tested so I'll no doubt be adjusting stuff and tightening cables on the fly during the run. It does look good with its red wall XC pros and full X-lite flight deck.

Started polishing my Avalanche frame.

Gaaaaah, bugger that... am now investigating other less tedious possibilites for disc/front sus/single-speed summer fun.

got some magura's tonight but they would appear to be americano ones as the levers are on the wrong way- happy to mount them upside down (to keep to the "right sides" but is there a way to switch levers without having to feck about with oil?

Back